Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plaugewalker-Vox

Discussion in 'On Trial' started by MisterMann, Aug 4, 2019.

1. MisterMann

MisterMann Bartender

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Plaugewalker

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    Four Months in total, two back in 2017

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Elias Ganning

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Vox

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    Vox remind me of those whose been deposed, having fallen from their former glory and now picking at the aftermath being spread far between each arkship. I feel like I can try to bring some fresh meat to the role as a merchant or stowaway.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Vox names usually to other species sound like gutteral screeching, like CHIKATKITAAAA or something along those which in itself actually translates into a descriptive sentence of their origin, purpose, and anything of actual importance.
    Tikakikria - The Glowing Quill of the Durable Fourty-Eight Fast of the Arkship

Summarize what you know about the species.
    Vox are a nomadic race of bio-engineered bird-like species. Once thriving as a highly advanced species now reduced from their former glory to nothing but scavengers, picking at pieces of scrap and desolate ships. They slowly rebuild their moonsized ark ships. There's a wide variety of vox species. Albeit vox do not share a similar respiratory system as humans, and many oxygen breathing creatures they do require a highly nitrogen enriched space to properly breath, if not they will start suffocating on the high quantity of oxygen in the air.

There are various types of Vox but the most common one seen throughout human space is that of the Primalis, acting mainly as the face of the Vox seen by most in human space. They usually stand at about 5 or 6 feet tall, usually appearing in the common green or brown pigmentation, as for their 'scales' they're made of a non-conductive material that can be easily manipulated for help in traversing the vacuum of space. They are adorned in quills atop their head. Their split jaw 'beak' acting as their only orifice where they breathe, ingest food, and depricate from.

The Auralis, are the 'true' vox the all-creators of the left behind vox that remain. They were the makers of the vox as servants and the ones responsible for constructing and maintaining the once advanced technology now poorly understood. Having transcended into bluespace. They're legacy now left behind in the remaining vox they created and the technology themselves.

The Armalis, are the heavy hitters of the vox species built more for heavy labor or combat roles. They are the more respected members of the vox often taking on leadership roles and being less previlant than the Primalis. Though Armalis are commonly fighting for dominance, through supremacy of whom shall rule in some cases, though the Apex some cases may decide who may lead.

Vox have what is called a cordial stack, acting as a second brain rather than a backup system. As most vox rely heavily on these stacks for what makes them who they are. Though in essence the stacks act as a go to ten for what controls many of the Vox's esoteric internal organs and regulating them ensuring they run efficiently.

When it comes to prosthetics/and or augment, most vox consider it a modification to an already tailored body. Some raiders consider the prosthetics badges of honor showing that the owner is capable and willing of operating far away from the Apex, and Arkships.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. Eonoc

Eonoc Vox Species Maintainer Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

So ah. App is fine. Just, you, personally have gotten a bit of a negative reputation. HOWEVER! You have been improving considerably since playing Engineering. As such, I'm not going to deny this outright, but I am going to request that you play for a few more weeks (and show improvement) before I accept this. As such, I'll be moving this app into the On-Trial section, until I feel you've made enough improvement to look at this more positively.

3. Eonoc

Eonoc Vox Species Maintainer Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

Approved on a probationary basis. One screwup, and whitelist is gone. Plaugewalker was made very aware of this. Please PM me directly if any issues arise.