Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Player complaint - Jakub Wisniewski + Caleb Kron (Unkown)

Discussion in 'Archived Player Complaints' started by flying_loulou, Mar 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flying_loulou

flying_loulou Senior Enlisted Advisor

Their BYOND username: Unkown
    Their character name: Jakub Wisniewski (XO) - Caleb Kron (CL)

Your BYOND username: Flying_loulou
    Your character name: Louis Janzam

Date, time, and game ID of incident:
    Game ID : b6h-bRQ6

Who else can vouch for the situation: The SEA, the chemist, the engineers, apparently.
    What happened: Well, I woke up to the XO telling a pretty amazing story : They led the CL alone on an exoplanet because said CL "wanted to take pictures of the planet".
    Once planetside the CL ran through the disposal chute of the charon.

Needless to say, the CL didn't have the slightest EVA training, but nobody cared, apparently.

PS : Furthermore, the XO called the CL "Colonial Liaison", which, I think, depicts a good lack of knowledge/experience compared to what one playing XO should have.

Evidence that shows the incident fully (logs, screenshots, recordings, etc.)[/b]: For once I took pictures :

BS12 wowy moments special XO-0.JPG
    The XO explaining the entire story.

BS12 wowy moments special XO-2.JPG
    An extract of the Xo's records : Blatantly saying he is "prone to mental breakdowns" (also that was found in the security records, my char didn't access medical ones).

BS12 wowy moments special XO-3.JPG
    The CL's qualifications : note the complete lack of EVA training.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  2. Eckles

Eckles Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

3. Zachary09

Zachary09 Retired Staff

I can definitely confirm that what I wrote during the game is completely true as seen on screenshot.
    The CL wanted to, quote - "take pictures of the surface of the planet and fax them to command" so I decided to let that happen and I sent the Charon planetside. Of course I had to be onboard due to standard procedure, so I grabbed a teleporter from the Captain's office beforehand.
    Me & the CL got onboard the Charon. The CL for whatever reason left the outer airlock open after me having confirmed they are all closed as to not cause any mishaps, I launched the Charon since he got onboard and called being ready for start.
    After the Charon launched I teleported back to the Bridge. Then I instantly called the Charon airlock compartment because I saw the outer airlock being left open through cameras. I told him that it is open and that it may cause further issues, so then I told him to acquire an atmospheric scan and call back.
    Completely out of any speculation I expected him to act in a normal fashion, to which he didn't. As soon as I did not hear any response from him for a long time I assumed something went wrong, called the Charon, saw an engineer there (he told me the CL is bleeding to death) and teleported back after a few seconds passed to pilot the Charon back.

I usually take a complete lax approach on lowpop extended rounds as command because I find the fun-limiting approach redundant on this specific setting, especially during lowpop. I did not check the CL's qualifications before the entire endeavour happened.

4. Eckles

What is your characters justification to flying the Charon down to a planet with an untrained corporate liaison and sending them out alone while teleporting back to the ship and leaving them to it?

5. Zachary09

Zachary09 Retired Staff

Having a complete control of the situation, pretty much. I could teleport down there at any given time when the situation required so.
    I had no idea the CL was untrained, so it's safe to assume I should have known that before having done any maneuvers there.

6. Eckles

Okay, having read the logs and your reasons here's the thing. You should have known better, given your history and experience, you should have known how to do a lot of the things you instead didn't do, your roleplay as an EC XO was not up to par, your decisionmaking was out of whack completely. I'm going to be giving you a two week ban from command play, I expect you to take this as a notice to improve. You should have flat known better than to take the actions you took as they were disproportionately inappropriate for the situation.

Valid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.