Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denied Player Complaint - Kirikka (Imienny)

Discussion in 'Archived Player Complaints' started by Kozak411, Jan 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kozak411

Kozak411 Chef

Their BYOND username:

Imienny

Their character name:

Kirikka

Your BYOND username:

Kozak411

Your character name:

N/A

Date, time, and game ID of incident:

2020-12-31, 8pm EST to 10:15 pm EST
    Game ID: b0V-ahCa

Who else can vouch for the situation
    :

Tomdroid, TheSpanishInquisition, LavillaStrangiato, Duncan Wood's player and any other crew who fought the vox.

What happened:

Throughout this round, and every previous raider round I've observed with Kirikka, Imienny powergamed in various ways.
    Kirikka was popping painkillers and medication all throughout the round, especially right before combat.
    Kirikka was moving through the tunnels directly to where each first-aid locker was, where the medbay and brig were, and places nobody would or could check for intruders like substations, almost as if the raider had worked on the ship before.
    Kirikka knew the intricacies of the Torch's access network, and that the access labeled "captain" would not be enough on it's own to give them free run of the ship.
    And Kirikka vented the maintenance behind security, which not only potentially risked the Vox's captured crew but is in and of itself poor antag play that leans heavily into a meta strategy, especially when the vent was prepared before the combat & the thermal vision the vox used could not have realistically been aware that the other raiders were behind glass windoors.

Reoccurring power-gamey behavior isn't conductive for a good round for other players and sets a poor example, especially when abusing the traits of a whitelisted species - in this case, the Vox vacuum immunity and ability to tank shots.

Evidence that shows the incident fully (logs, screenshots, recordings, etc.):

Most of the behavior mentioned didn't leave logs, and my saved logs are incomplete, but if requested I can grab logs of the combat after intentionally venting the security maint and kirikka knowing perfectly well how the Torch's access works.

2. Imienny

Imienny Laser Tag 2019 Participant

Hi

So from beginning,

I never powergamed by taking drugs before combat.

During that round we assumed that our characters had acces to torch blueprints, it wouldnt be hard to guess that abandoned rooms are good place to hide if you know torch blueprints,
    (btw substations are bad place to hide, and there are cameras inside of each substation)
    and i wasnt moving directly to where each FA locker was,
    i could look like if i was during that round because i was walking aimlessly for some time before finding new plan.

Assuming raiders are allowed to know how access decryptor works(which they should, as they spawn with emag)
    we probably would know that every decrypted access would give access only to very limited set of doors.
    Capitan = CO office, Infirmary = Medbay and so on.

How making someone walk into your depressurization trap is metagaming?
    and to be honest, i forgot about that depressurizing maints could kill my crew.

And please tell me how i was abusing vox ability to tank shots.

Also, if anyone has any complaints/objections/problems about how i play as raider, please let me know on discord.

3. Kozak411

Kozak411 Chef

During the fight at research, where you were chased off by an MA, you had paracematol, dylovene, tricord and kelotane in your system. At the airlock fight, you had paracematol and dylovene in your system. When I checked logs, it seems to me you popped pills before these fights. If there's some other reason you went in drugged, I'm all ears.

Observer's perspective, it definitely looked like you knew exactly where everything is, and were seeking out the first aid and such. If it's acceptable for raiders to RP they have the blueprints, alright, I guess. Up to staff.

Hard disagree. Having a tool doesn't automatically mean you have a full understanding of everything that tool can access or do, especially in regards to a government vessel.

You're right - meta isn't the right word, although bay uses it as such frequently. The correct term, which I use earlier and following that snippet, is power gaming - ignoring the risks to you or your crew if things go wrong, at that point you were just taking on a team, alone, to win, using a strategy intended to give the opponents a clear disadvantage because no reasonable crew member of the Torch should expect their opponent to vent themselves and their crew.

Again, you're right to call this out. Using the vox gear to tank shots is more accurate. Vox are a species of cowards and have a noticeably finite population. Standing there in your armor taking xray lasers to the chest, firing back with no care for your own health is decidedly un-voxlike behavior, risking your body and your stack unnecessarily in my opinion, but in the end that's Eonoc's call.

4. Deadmon_Wonderland

Deadmon_Wonderland Game Administrator Unathi Species Maintainer Laser Tag 2019 Participant

Hello,

I'll be taking care of this. I'm going to read through logs but I believe both of your statements is enough for now. Thanks.

5. Imienny

Imienny Laser Tag 2019 Participant

Just to explain one thing which may affect your end rulling,
    That fight near sec airlock didnt end as i thought and i panicked, by the time when i stopped panicking it was too late for running as i was in severe pain and had insane pain slowdown, i would be shot to death if i tried to run(or walk in this case) to space.

6. Deadmon_Wonderland

Deadmon_Wonderland Game Administrator Unathi Species Maintainer Laser Tag 2019 Participant

Okay, after looking through the logs, I've come to this conclusion.

Vox taking medications before battle is a moot point. Paracetamol and Tricord are peanuts to humans, and taking pain meds as vox, when they themselves have high pain tolerances, is doing nothing. This isn't an issue. Security is often sent back out with meds in their system when discharged from medical during these rounds.

Knowing the layout of the Torch is something that has never been enforced in any antagonist mode. Having meta knowledge of the ship is fine, because you can argue that anyone planning a raid might have a layout of the ship. If they want to RP they don't have a layout of the ship, fine, but they're not going to be punished for knowing the layout of the ship. This goes for access restrictions as well. We don't punish antagonists for using the tools they're given in this way.

This extends to the venting of maintenance. They had a plan and executed it, venting that tunnel would vent D1's fore port maintenance and Bridge's Maintenance but no more. If they had vented most of the ship, this would be an issue, but they vented a relatively small area of the ship and I see the point of venting their own allies is a moot point. Raider and Merc teams have done much worse to themselves in that regard without issue from the staff team.

Using a species unique traits to their advantage is not powergaming. We don't punish GAS players for using their ability to cloak and death crushing abilities in the blue moon chances they get to do that. This is not an issue.

After reviewing logs, I see no punitive action that needs to be taken.

Marked as Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.