Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Player Complaint - Maxman1223 (Antag)

Discussion in 'Archived Player Complaints' started by SierraKomodo, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:19 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected Developer

Their BYOND username:
    Macman1223

Their character name:
    Trenton Beech

Your BYOND username:
    SierraKomodo

Your character name:
    E.C.O.M.

Date, time, and game ID of incident:
    Client Version: 513
    Server Revision: 693c8384b20093f6bad8b240a94f78d6c94f6ecb - bad8b240a94f78d6c94f6ecb - 2020-08-01
    Game ID: b8q-c80F
    Current map: SEV Torch

What happened:
    Shortly after the crew transfer vote was called, after not performing any antagonistic actions prior, Macman bought two bombs and blew up the hanger, causing. There was no escalation, and this occurred as the round as ending.

The ahelp expired without answer so I'm posting this here.

Evidence that shows the incident fully (logs, screenshots, recordings, etc.):
    Couldn't get a screencap of the explosion itself before the round ended

dreamseeker_iMeglHqR2p.png

xahfeqZ9np.png

2. Deadmon_Wonderland

Deadmon_Wonderland Game Administrator Unathi Species Maintainer Laser Tag 2019 Participant

I'll be handling this. If Macman1223 could post their side while I take a look at server logs, that would be great. Thanks.

3. goshawksonlyfly

goshawksonlyfly Assistant

Hi there!

I'm not sure if it's shown in the server logs, but I definitely did explain what I was doing using set ambition as an antag. As a corporate agent, my character was planning on trying to permanently damage the Charon in order to halt the Torch's away mission capability. I definitely badly timed it, but the Charon was away on missions a couple times before that I was planning on trying to damage it. I also underestimated the damage the bombs would cause to the surrounding area - was planning on just making the Charon inoperable.

Sierra is absolutely right that, even disregarding my bad timing at the end of the round, I should have escalated to it better. Sorry about that.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020 at 12:22 AM
  4. Deadmon_Wonderland

Deadmon_Wonderland Game Administrator Unathi Species Maintainer Laser Tag 2019 Participant

Okay, so after looking at the logs this is going to be marked as valid. Regardless of the timing if your chance passes then it's best to leave it. The end of the round is for when things are supposed to be simmering down, not heating up. There can be exceptions from time to time, however I don't believe this is one of them. In the future, please be aware of the time of the round before doing antagonistic actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.