Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RedIvy - IPC

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by RedIvy, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedIvy

RedIvy Assistant

What is your Byond key?
    RedIvy

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    I honestly don't know. I created my forum account in 2012. I know I was playing before that too, but I've had to take a few year break recently for work.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Ling Xiao, Jane Wolf

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Integrated Positronic Chassis, or IPC

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I enjoy playing characters with a fundamentally different view of things from those around them. Two people can have a different background and upbringing to make them unique, but an alien species offers a chance to have a completely alien point of view. These differences in characters create the best drama. The good kind of drama anyway.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    I've seen a number of different names both lately and in the past. An IPC's name could be a more complicated phrase broken down into an acronym such as A.C.I. IPC's can also have more personalized names that hold meaning even if they aren't related to their functions.

Summarize what you know about the species.
    Given the current out-of-date information on the Wiki, I've done my best to infer from the missing information. Please let me know if I've made a mistake.

The term for the individual, Integrated Positronic Chassis, comes from the body used to give their positronic brain motion and freedom. The mind of a modern IPC is the winding path of bluespace circuits formed within their positronic brain case. These cases are designed and built by both large and small scale production lines with specific purposes. While in this state the posi-brain is still subject to all the laws, constraints, and functions of the shell they are placed in. When a posi-brain is able to purchase it's freedom, and a suitable chassis, they are freed of their Shackle (hardware used to enforce their programming laws) and would be able to live as an IPC.

Inside their posi-brains, IPCs are generally considered self-aware machines. Due to the randomness of the bluespace technology their posi-brains are composed of, IPCs form new connections in different and random ways over time, allowing them to become their own 'person' as they grow. Emotions are processed like any other information to an IPC. Depending on the model, an IPC can freely emulate emotions but they often take a seat when logic and reason need to be applied. With their ability to directly process data, IPCs gain some advantage when it comes to intake of information. This advantage also allows IPCs to communicate with one another using Encoded Audio Language as they can rapidly transmit and receive this data-based language between one another. However, IPCs often find themselves lacking in areas they weren't designed for or have no experience in.

IPCs hold no distinct prejudice as a collective. There is a tendency to look negatively toward the culture that created and more or less enslaved them, as well as a positive outlook toward Skrell for their acceptance of the IPC, but over all there is no deep seeded bias. From an outside perspective, IPCs are often mistrusted and rarely understood. Given this mistrust, an IPC would not find themselves in a position of leadership even if rank or seniority would promote them toward it.

Character Concept:
    SAW.BONES, a nickname given during 'his' first tenure as a hospital station medical robot, adopted the name after acquiring his freedom and first IPC through a combined effort of some friends he made on station as well as some personal loans made with collateral. Due to his debts, SAW.BONES has never been truly free of laws even as an IPC. With his experience in the medical field and willingness to obey even unfair laws binding him, SAW.BONES seeks work on the Torch through the Expeditionary Corps to make use of his skills and hopefully earn enough to free himself.
    As a character, SAW.BONES seeks to broaden his experiences by working in the field and wants to put the book-related data he's acquired about different species and their anatomy into practice. SAW.BONES is generally wistful when it comes to the concept of being truly free or lawless. With no idea what it would feel like, there is a sense of danger that comes with it.

2. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kohai № 1 Staff Manager Manager Senior Administrator Community Moderator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Hi - Sorry it's taken a couple of days to get to this. That all just about works. You'll be listed for the machine race by the start of the next round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.