Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove moderation from gameplay changes forum

Discussion in 'Policy Discussion' started by Kelenius, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Kelenius

Kelenius Executive Officer

TIL that when you create a thread in gameplay changes, it needs to be approved by a moderator before it's publicly visible.

So why don't we remove that, because its only purpose is to be a pointless hurdle.

I don't know what else to say.

Toybasher likes this.
  2. Meyar

Meyar Retired Worstmin 2015-2017

First of all, this belongs in policy forum. Reee.

Second of all, it's my understanding that It requires moderation because they want to make sure it's the author making the thread instead of Salty McDisagreesalot III.

Presumably this is to allow the author to fully explain the feature, the intent, and their thinking before some negative Nancy poisons the well in the OP.

I'm guessing here.

Atlantis, ZeroBits and F-Tang Steve like this.
  3. Sabira

Sabira Head Developer Donator

The gameplay changes forum is for PRs marked contentious only

4. Virgil

Virgil Head Administrator Game Administrator Community Moderator

Moved this thread to the policy discussion forum.

Meyar likes this.
  5. Orelbon

Orelbon Sol Gov Pilot

Literally says what the subforum is for on its rules. Its moderated so you cant post willy nilly what you feel like and to make sure you are following the posting guidelines. If you want to suggest gameplay changes then put it in the suggestions subforum.

Edit: I just realized this thread is old.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  6. Kelenius

Kelenius Executive Officer

The point is there is no need to require approval to even make your post appear. I'm not saying that the section should be completely unmoderated, but there's no pressing need to have pre-moderation.

7. xales

xales Host Game Administrator Developer Community Moderator

There will be incorrect posts to the subforum, and there already have been, which is more work to deal with, and in the event of a PR thread being opened by the wrong person, may permanently bias or otherwise negatively change the outlook towards a PR.

On the other hand, the moderation queue is available to all staff members now and is highly visible. There is and have been problems with it being unmoderated; unless you can show me some kind of problem or reason it shouldn't be, it's not going to change. "I don't like waiting a short while for my threads to appear" is not a valid problem or reason.