Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request: make (most of) the config file available in the repo.

Discussion in 'Coding' started by afterthought, Jul 16, 2018.

1. afterthought

afterthought Retired Staff

As a contributor, I do not have access to the config file, making it hard to reproduce in-game conditions when testing locally. To remedy this, I would like to request that the config file be added to the repository. Not all of the config needs to be added; notably anything having to do with admin lists, outside calls (e.g. bot setup), or security (e.g. COMMS_PASSWORD) absolutely should remain out of the repo. However, it would be easy to separate that into, say, config_hidden, and let the remainder (e.g. TICKLAG) be accessible.

I know that there is a typical response to this: the example config has all that anyway. This is not true; the example config is frequently out of date and inaccurate. I believe it to be currently out of date as of the time posting.

I cannot make a PR with this change, as it requires access to the real config and possibly server-side changes as well, hence why I'm posting here.

LorenLuke and Chaoko99 like this.
  2. Banditoz

Banditoz Senior Enlisted Advisor

You can simply add the needed entry to the example config, and someone with box will add it to the config.

3. Sabira

Sabira Donator

I'm working on this. It probably won't be on the repo since the chances of it being updated are near 0, but I'll be available somewhere and I'll update it every once in a while.

4. Sabira

Sabira Donator

afterthought likes this.