Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Roll20+Discord][Voice] D&D 5e

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by GinjaNinja32, Jan 12, 2019.

1. GinjaNinja32

GinjaNinja32 Executive Officer

Hopefully this one will last a little longer than my last TTRPG.

This will be a fairly sandbox-y D&D 5e campaign set in a homebrew setting. There will be powerful NPCs working on their goals in the background, but the players won't always have hooks placed in front of them - sometimes you'll have to figure out your own goals.

Time/day will be figured out based on when people can play.
    I'm ideally looking for 5-6 players.
    New players are welcome - I can provide links to PDFs of the rulebook, plus 5e isn't hard to learn :)

We'll do character creation as a "Session 0" - if you want to think about what sort of character you want to play before then, great, but don't worry if you don't have any ideas :)

Characters must have some reason to stay with the party - while they absolutely can be "evil", they can't be self-obsessed jerks who shoot the party in the back with no warning. Characters like that get kicked out of parties very quickly.

All PHB races - and most races from other books - are fine to play, but please do run it past me first if it's something exotic.

Every world, every culture has its myths and legends, the stories it tells its children. Some tell of great heroes slaying monstrous beings; some of normal people enduring great hardships, of gods, of monsters.

One such tale told in the lands of the Four Kingdoms tells of a time without kings, without dukes, without earls - a time the world was ruled by a great evil from before Time itself, two black centuries when it seemed the light of the world would burn out, never to return.

That light, however, never quite went out.

Exactly how these two hundred years ended is not told in the legends. Perhaps this information was lost, or perhaps these legends are merely the unfinished scribblings of a mad scribe - or perhaps those of a mystic, seeing far into the future...

It is now the 1511th year of the Third Age, and the Four Kingdoms are at peace thanks to the actions of King Edward - but war is sometimes closer than it seems.

Noble Caos likes this.
  2. Bramzter

Bramzter Chef

what is your prefered timezone?

3. GinjaNinja32

I'm in the UK, so if you're in Europe our timezones should line up pretty well, otherwise possibly not depending on your schedule.

4. Bramzter

Bramzter Chef

Nice. Mark me down as interested... might have to see how to juggle the other campaigns i'm in, My time zone is GMT+1 so i am a hour later then the people in the UK.

I mostly do my sessions of DnD between 19:00 to 22:00-23:00 on a weekly schedule. but the days can be arranged easily.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  5. restricted

restricted Deputy Unathi Maintainer

I'd be down for this, Weekends only, I'm EST but fairly open. May get stuck with duty occasionally which would leave me unavailable. Voice capable.

EDIT: I have very little experience with TTRPGs and such though, so only if you'd be down to have a relative newb.

6. Textor

Textor Retired Staff

I'm willing to play.

7. Faustico

Faustico Petty Officer First Class

I'd be up for playing.

8. Blue_Bit

Blue_Bit Petty Officer First Class

I'm down to play.

9. Eingamer

Eingamer Chef

Dunno if my schedule will sync up. I'd love to watch or help out with the NPCs, though.

10. Thasc

Thasc Sol Gov Pilot

I'd like to play too if there's still a slot! I'm UK time.

11. GinjaNinja32

When's everyone available? This is likely going to be a weekend game, but I'm not ruling out a weekday slot if that's the time most people are available.

UTC times preferred, but I can convert if you tell me the timezone you're using.

12. restricted

restricted Deputy Unathi Maintainer

Weekends are good for me, basically available anytime weekends though with duty schedules I may have to sit out depending. I'm also available weekdays, but it's an every other week kind of thing. Available from 0200 GMT Saturday to 0200 GMT Monday consistently.

13. Thasc

Thasc Sol Gov Pilot

Any time during weekends is fine. On weekdays I can play anytime from 7pm GMT up until midnight.

Edit: I forgot to say weekend times! On weekends, I can play anywhere between about 11am GMT to about midnight. I have no commitments I can't trivially move about.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  14. Faustico

Any time during the weekend works for me as well.

15. Blue_Bit

Whenever during the weekend would be fine for me.

16. Textor

Textor Retired Staff

Weekends are fine.

17. Thasc

Thasc Sol Gov Pilot

I updated my answer with a specific range of weekend times (since I have to sleep at some point, technically!).

18. Space Cat

Space Cat Bartender

Sure I am up for DnD 5e if there is space

19. GinjaNinja32

20. Blue_Bit

Ah right, probably should've included some info about that. I'm in EST, and from around 9 AM to midnight would work best for me. I think in UTC that'd be 14:00 to 5:00. I'm willing to go a earlier/later if that works better for others!

21. Faustico

Anywhere from around 12pm to 4-5am (UTC) should be fine. Would prefer Saturdays but I should be able to make Sundays work without much trouble.