Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SammasC123-Vox

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Carnation Garneys, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Carnation Garneys

Carnation Garneys Bartender

About You

What is your Byond key?
    SammasC123

What is your Discord username?
    Vimas #4922

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    Since June-ish.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Carnation Garneys is probably the most known, also Matron, Darling, and Yarrow Li (the XO one).

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    VOX- Primalis

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    Love me some antagging, and I want to do some off-ship vox mapping, which is usually dead.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    To quoth the wiki: Hit random, and work it out. As for in their language, I would probably go with:
    The Hungry One of the Largest Frigate Nearby the Great Rock Arkship

Summarize what you know about the species.
    Voxes are best, smart creatures. Usings of meat around cortical stack that is the vox, bio-mechanical avian creatures. Vox care about take things important, return to arkship where Voxes live, they are very big big ships, skree, no planets.
    Vox do not care about other non-vox meats, except for eating if hungry. Metal-Monkeys only good for taking and scrapping, but man meat and lizard meat good food, skriikiirik.

Outside of vox talk, Vox are all but goblin-pirates, except birds. They shriek all the time, and they have disdain for all non-vox life. They have strange senses of honor, and live in arkships. In-game, they're only off-ships, such as mercs,
    pirates, and the shoal set-up. They're a chaotic, hateful force that is part biological and part mechanical, and as such they are sterile and made, with their identities mostly in their second brain, the cortical sac.

2. Carnation Garneys

3. Eonoc

Eonoc Vox Species Maintainer Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

I normally ignore spelling and grammatical errors in applications, since English isn't everyone's first language, and Vox tend to speak in broken common anyway, but there's a few too many in this one to make me comfortable.

Write me a character concept of the Vox you would play, for now, and if its written well, and the character is solid, we'll keep moving forward with this.

4. Carnation Garneys

So there's been a little bit of a communication error here, which I find very funny. The first paragraph of the species summary was written with broken Vox common in mind, as a sort of comical "here's-what-I-know" fashion. However, it didn't quite land, and that's fine by me! I figured I would let you know (and show you) that I have a fine grasp on the English language. (Also this forum has spell-check so I can fix mistakes that pop up should I not want them to be there).

So! With that in mind, I can still write up a Vox concept, because character creation is delightful! I'm going to, quite tritely, go with a randomized name that I get on a client-side version of bay that I set up for PR purposes. And as such, their name is "Eeeahkchiskreha". I use the pronoun "their", perhaps mistakenly, because to my understanding, Vox are a synthesized species and would have no need for a gender binary. I am sure that instead the separation into Quills and other such ranks in their hierarchy is enough to differentiate social standards- but I digress. Eeeahkciskreha will not be a Quill, instead they will be a lower-rung Vox with a newer, salvaged cortical stack (oops, I will admit that I made a mistake here, it's not a sac but a stack). This cortical stack has had several corruptions, and as such they've found themselves back at the bottom. They are desperate to prove themselves and climb the hierarchy, and will act with submission towards other Vox if challenged. However, this persistence to exceed expectations and affirm their status as a Quill causes them to be quick to take lead, find valuables, and take risky actions that can result in sudden and precipitous leaps to fame.

However, a corrupted cortical stack (jeeze, I keep wanting to write sac because it sounds biological) can lead to issues, and in this case it presents itself as a distinct dislike of Skrell. A raiding-gone-wrong of a Skrell ship is what caused Eeeahkciskreha to lose their body, and have their body left strewn on a dusty planet to rot. Lacking a body, the cortical stack's memories and personality grew faint, but their hatred of Skrell festered like a tumor. Now that they again have a body, they have taken an obsessive interest in killing, eating, and destroying Skrell- with their mere mention enough to draw Eeeahkciskreha's ire.

I hope this makes it clear that I am actually pretty good at writing; my most common error is actually misscomms. And yes, I did throw in some sesquipedalian loquaciousness just to get the record straight. No, I'm not sorry. Muahahahaha.

5. Carnation Garneys

6. Eonoc

Eonoc Vox Species Maintainer Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

Right! I like it all! And yes, it seems the idea for broken English Vox-speak slipped past my work-addled brain.

Either way, the character concept looks great, and you've well proven a grasp of the English lexicon past any point of doubt.
    Approved.