Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Samuuu3 - Vox

Discussion in 'Archived Species Applications' started by Samuuu3, May 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samuuu3

Samuuu3 Donator

About You

What is your Byond key?

Samuuu3

What is your Discord username?

Samuuu3#6660

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?

Almost three months

What are the names of your better-known characters?

Zezsa Sseezi Korasii

Ugne Zumaratie

Serura I’lesk

Zeka Akraoz

Audrone Sulcaite

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?

Vox

Why do you want to play as the alien species?

I would like to play an off station role and scavenging space ruins as giant angry birbdinos sounds real fun!

What are some example names for the alien species?

Chikiriikiikii

Kiraa-kaa

Skraeeeeechikakiriskir

Kriiiieeaaawa

Vox names usually translate to a summary of the name bearer.
    Example: “Violet-Clawed Fifth Scavanger On The Ten-Strong Crew Of Salvage-Ship Plyer Of Night”

Summarize what you know about the species.

The Vox are the remains of a long forgotten ancient empire that were bioengineered to be servants and are now living on their Arkships and salvage and raid space for loot for the Arkships. Arkships are giant moon sized ships where they call homes of their dying race, they are all centered around the Apex Grove.The Apex Grove is the first Arkship and is where the giant Apex revered supercomputers are located. The Vox's biggest secret is the Cortical Stacks which are a second brain that contains all of a personality and memory of a Vox, leaving the organic brain to control automatic processes, if a Vox’s organic shell would perish they would be uploaded into a new body. Vox are not born, they are made by their biotechnicians. There are two types of Vox, the Primalis which are the common type and the Armalis which are larger and as such usually higher up the totem pole. Their technology is all biological based and as such even their weapons share ancestry with them. Vox society is controlled by the Apex which are massive bio-computers and designate authority to quills, although most Vox organization is left to themselves. Vox does not care about other races and simply call them names like meat, as they lack the spark of life that is the cordial stack. Since Vox do not see others without a cordial stack human they do not view things like raiding them wrong. Vox do not take large risks and would prefer to avoid dangers and as such will avoid heavily armed areas when picking raiding targets, violence is not persuaded. Survival and secrecy are the Vox’s top priorities over anything else.

As a character concept I would have an opportunistic Vox that would search for the best ways to get loot. If they came across a distress beacon they would "rescue" them for something in return that they find valuable, like resources for their ship or food etc. If they get captured they would pretend to be very subservient and respectful until they can find a way out. If a part of a raid with other non Vox meats and it goes poorly they would abandon them and escape to safety.

Hunter Martin, Snugglicus and ryan062 like this.
  2. Eonoc

Eonoc Vox Species Maintainer Deputy Serpentid Maintainer

Good summary, good application, and I'm told you're passionate about your other species. I hope you'll enjoy the Vox to the same degree.
    Approved.

Samuuu3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.