Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sir Toast - Vox

Discussion in 'Alien Species' started by Toast, Jun 14, 2019 at 9:44 PM.

1. Toast

Toast Bartender

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Sir Toast

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    I first started playing Baystation around early 2018 regularly. After some IRL issues, I took a break from SS13 altogether. However I was able to play on and off from late 2018 to early 2019. I would say I have been playing regularly now when time permits for about a month, excluding my playtime previously.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    John Simmons (Path Finder)
    Shane Higgins (Civilian + Stowaway)

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Vox

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    From when I first started playing SS13, Vox always interested me. I read the lore for the Vox for each server that contained them and it always intrigued me how its mostly similar and in-depth. I feel like I could accurately play Vox, since the lore of Bay12 Vox is something I am familiar with.

What are some example names for the alien species?

Krikayachiki, Chakinikra, Kaykirichi, Ikirikaya.

Summarize what you know about the species.

Vox are a space-faring civilization, living in massive ships called Arks. The Arks are essentially pieced together ships or any materials, which can be as large as a moon. In the center of the ships lies a grove which is natural and believed to be filled with dirt from what is referred to as the lost home world of the Vox. In the Groves, resides the Apex which lead the Vox and act similar to a Ship AI, except in supreme command. Vox themselves are reptilian bipeds who breathe in Nitrogen, with oxygen being toxic to them. They are designed to be agile creatures, and due to this can move rather quickly compared to other species. Vox are created rather born, and are formidable even when they're still relatively new. Each Vox receives a cortical stack, which stores lifetimes of experience into the Vox to help it be very experienced in all the fields its past lives specialized in. Due to the Cortical Stack however, Vox see other species as inferior and not even regarded as true species since they lack the Cortical Stacks. Because of this, Vox will gladly take all property of other species to help better their Arkship, or to horde it as treasure to trade with other Vox or even outsiders. Trade with outsiders can be rare but may occur if the Vox do not think they can take their items without risk, but again trade may be difficult as well considered many Vox do not know many languages outside of Vox-Pidgin because other languages are frowned upon to speak.

(I know a lot more than listed here but wished to just give a basic summary. I can answer more questions on my knowledge on Vox if asked.)

[Edit: Minor editing and cleaning up]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:59 AM
  2. Loaf

Loaf THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL

Do you have a character you intend to play?

How will you interact with the Torch?

What would you do if you came across Explorers while salvaging?

3. Toast

Toast Bartender

1. I intend to primarily play a Vox merchant named Krikayaki that sells random items that may or may not be useful. It will be a Vox that has some understanding of Spacer and perhaps another random language, but is not quite skilled in them fluently. They will be all-around normal and from an Arkship that resides somewhere not too far but not close either. My characters goal as a merchant is to sell supplies for useful items to contribute to their Arkship, while also stealing anything else that might be needed and even selling it to others discreetly for even better items.

2. I will interact with mostly caution, and shy away from conflict since the Torch will probably always outgun and outnumber me. I will also commit minor thefts to gather more goods if I can get away with it without anyone noticing.

3. If I came across Explorers while salvaging, I would just flee then scavenge what I can while avoiding contact. However if I am with another Vox or two and we outnumber AND outgun the Explorers, I would probably get more aggressive in taking items. In the case of if the Explorers definitely are on the higher ground, I'd go locate and loot the Charon quickly and quietly if I am able. Most of the time though I will default and try my best to avoid them, and quickly horde loot before they get to it.

[Edit: Went into more detail for question one]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:57 AM
  4. Loaf

Loaf THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL THE SIGNAL

Your app seems more or less fine to me, subject to @Eonoc's approval since I'm a tiny deputy and don't have permissions yet anyway.

5. Toast

Toast Bartender