Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spessman Review

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tennessee116, Jun 19, 2020.

1. clap clap
    Spessman Review
    clap clap

While I spend my summer and pandemic coding a PvP fork and creating a codebase, I get to look at a bunch of codebases for hours on end. Pretty interesting to compare them all. So, clap clap.

Home plate, Bee - I am better off using /tg/ considering Bee's fastmos. It's very annoying, although very realistic. The supermatter will delaminate almost every round due to it. Other than that, again, I can find a majority of what I need on /tg/. But hey, I got to add my own alien race to it.

/tg/ - Relatively simple, old, 'standard' codebase I guess you could call it for SS13. However, recently, they've been adding some wacky changes off and on to some of the stuff I am trying to recreate, making it a tad harder. Right now I am working on recreating their atmos system, since it seems simpler than the ones I've seen so far.

Here - Here, I'm just gonna look at the multi-z code. For some reason this is the only codebase with multi-z code that is relatively complete and functional.

Goon (2020) - No, fart is literally an atmospheric gas. Other than that, some aspects of the code are rather cool, others I have yet to look at.

Goon (r4407) - You're probably asking why I put this on the list. The main reason is that I am looking at older codebases just so I can find lost but cool features to recreate, or various other things.

BONUS REVIEW

Beerware revision 42
    - The only license I would use.

BONUS FAQ

• Why are you making a codebase from scratch? - Because its fun.
    • Why are you telling us this information we don't need? - Again, because its fun and I am running out of sanity from telling this to different people.