Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spookerton

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ProbablyAlice, Jul 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProbablyAlice

ProbablyAlice Bartender

Key/Name Of Staff: Spookerton
    Your Key/Name:: ProbablyAlice
    Date and Time of Incident(s):: 4:59 PM, 7/10/21 / ID: ccX-dz3o

Reason For Complaint::
    I was observing a heist round where Vox Armalis were introduced, conflict obviously developed and a mini-war broke out between security and the borders. I observed Lev Mills, who I believe was being played by Spookerton, the only admin in-game at that time. They made their way towards the bridge but could not get past the door as they did not have sufficient access. They proceeded to temporarily ghost to fling and destroy the airlock, before entering back in their body and dropping off a gun they found during the incident at the bridge.
    Evidence of Complaint::
    spookerton3.PNG
    ^ As you can see, Kenneth Lance, who was on the bridge at the time asked the same question I did.
    spookerton2.PNG
    ^ Here, I asked Spookerton something along the lines of "Do emags break doors and fling them?", This was their response.
    spookerton5.PNG
    So, I sent another ticket. Maybe there was an event? Maybe they could've explained to me why they used admin powers to break the door to get access into the bridge? Maybe there was a reason they picked up an unknown alien weapon so casually?
    spookerton6.PNG
    That did not happen. They didn't respond to a ticket against them for obvious reasons.

(I think? I'm not being demeaning here, but I doubt most staff would accept a ticket targeting them for, again, obvious reasons - those being bias, self-preservation, and so forth. I've seen the complete opposite happen though, so this is a poor excuse.)

Rules 40, 39, and 34 (34 being ignoring a ticket & the actions themselves) seem to be violated. I understand that sometimes it is hard to answer tickets or that it can take some time to do so, but the initial ticket I filed was answered in no less than 43 seconds. The second one I filed came only a minute after the first was closed. I have reason to doubt this lack of response was due to sudden OOC interference, as they were not busy iccly either.

I'm not really sure why this was done when you could've just easily flicked on the radio and asked for the door to be opened, but instead, you destroyed it. I know this is a pretty small thing and that this very bridge door is inconsequential to the round and doesn't really mean anything, --- it seems petty to make a complaint about that, right?

But the actions behind this, specifically using staff powers in-game to help yourself is against the rules; and if I was in Kenneth's shoes I'd have a hard time trying to go along with roleplay where someone magically makes a door explode, especially minding that they are not an antagonist neither a wizard.
    brokendoor1.PNG
    I'll try to make it clear again, I'm not trying to be petty or anything, neither am I trying to shut you down or whatever, but frankly, I wouldn't have filed this in the first place if you responded to my second ticket. In the case that this round was an 'event' (of which, rule 40 excludes using powers to your benefit outside of events), why didn't you answer my second ticket and say that?
    I have the feeling that if this round was an event, the exemption will only be mentioned after the fact, in spooky's defense should there be one.

2. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kōhai №1 Head Developer Head Administrator Game Administrator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Answering this briefly would come across as petty so I'll pad saying I wrote the damn rules and booping a door only a ghost can see open proximate to round end for comedy purposes during an impromptu gimmick round I'm trying to manage at the same time is not an advantage by also adding that I didn't to ghost to do it. Build mode works for non-observers. Thank u.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.