Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sprite Requests

Discussion in 'Spriting' started by serenemelody, Jul 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. serenemelody

serenemelody Retired Staff

Post your requests for sprites here. Be specific, be polite, and be kind.

2. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

Are we still supposed to make our own request threads for "huge complicated multi-sprite requests" ?

3. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

Looking for someone to sprite a mob, it would be much larger than (think like 3 meters and 200kg big it'll be bigger than a human). Its a pale being, very broad, with really fat legs, arms, and hands. Its neck kinda blends in with its head, just one thing, its also a short neck. Head is like half a watermelon basically. Its a cyclops by the way, with a very wide mouth.
    Might add more to the sprite later if a base one gets done, but that's for another time.

4. Lattmedder

Lattmedder Senior Enlisted Advisor

@ThatOneGuy Something like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, but smaller? Because I might be able to take a crack at it, no promises on the quality.

5. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

Sortof, just not "puft" like a marshmallow, more like a bulky American football frontlinemen.

6. Lattmedder

So a wall of flesh, basically?

7. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

Yea, basically.

8. Lattmedder

I will attempt it soonish.

AS A WARNING: I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with spriting...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  9. Lattmedder

So here's my first shot at the head, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to add ears, so I left them on.

new_meat.png

I have the back and both sides, but I can't figure out how to get them on here. But I wanted to throw this out and see what changes you want.

10. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

Make the skin color slightly..grayer, and the head more half-oval. And yea, no ears.

11. Derpislav

Derpislav Petty Officer First Class

[​IMG]
    Something in this spirit, but make it far less power fisty/SWAT glovey, and more like actual corrective, medical item. It's supposed to be a compression glove with a wrist brace, padding and rigid plating.

12. Lattmedder

@ThatOneGuy Round two:
    try2.png
    Again, sorry for the tiny, tiny little image, forum won't let me link my .dmi.

13. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

Looks good to me!

14. Lattmedder

Just realized an important question: Is this a simple mob like a spider/space bear with only one set of clothing (does it wear clothes?), or will it need to wear station uniforms?

15. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

It won't be needing station uniform, no, it'll be in like...Combat EVA suits basically. More explanation after the base sprite.

16. Lattmedder

Let me rephrase the question: Will you be able to remove the clothing from this mob, because if so I have to sprite it on a sort of frame, if it can only wear one set of clothes from the moment it's spawned until it dies, then I can make one sprite for it, off of the frame, and modify that for the other suits.

17. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

Yes you will be able to remove clothing from the mob.

18. Privateer

Privateer Research Director

Engineering Jumpsuits:

So we have Blue Stripe and Orange Stripe.... could someone make a few more colored stripes for use later? The colors I can think of are red stripe, green stripe, and purple stripe... and... looking at the U.S. Navy's carrier colorscheme, I guess brown and white would be useful too!

Edit: Ideally, jumpsuits that match the current blue and orange stripe. And also also also, a no-stripe uniform for cadets/trainees/wipers.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  19. mkalash

mkalash Donator

Skowron was working on jumpsuit sprites for several alt titles which included more engineering jumpsuits, but he's sidelined that project for now.

Privateer likes this.
  20. Lattmedder

@Derpislav
    derpislav_Left_brace.png
    Something like that? I managed to sneak in an NT, visible to the wearer. Let me know if you want my to change/add to it.

EDIT: More stuff hands.png

I have the full .dmi (all sides, not just the front view), but as of yet I don't know how to upload it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    Derpislav likes this.