Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff activity

Discussion in 'Policy Discussion' started by The Great Skeeve, Nov 28, 2017.

1. The Great Skeeve

The Great Skeeve Sol Gov Pilot

I'm just going to say what is on my mind, and a couple other people I am sure: staff activity. Without naming any names, I have been very concerned with some staff taking almost vital positions without actually preforming their duties. Unfortunately, I cannot independently verify this but what is publicly available. The evidence at this point in time has lead me to believe that some members of staff are simply just not preforming any duties at all thanks to unannounced and unwarranted inactivity.

I understand that some people cannot be on this game all the time, nor are they available every day, but some people are literally not here at all, or haven't been seen even interacting with the community. This is posing negative effects to the game and community when these staff members cannot preform their duties.

Therefore, I propose an internal audit on staff activity. The inactivity problem is negatively impacting the entire community. I particularly want a public statement from @ThatOneGuy on this, and what you plan to do about it - or if you believe that there isn't a staff inactivity problem. If you want supplemented evidence towards this please PM me on the forum. I have asked this to be public so that people are aware of the issue.

Disclaimer: This is not a jab to anybody in particular or caused by any personal grievances.

Call-outs are absolutely not tolerated because of privacy rules. Instead, write to a member of staff if you have grievances with somebody.

2. mkalash

mkalash Donator

I don't know where you're coming from at all, here. At least for game staff, I am very closely monitoring activity, and enforcing that any staff who are inactive must either retire or request leave. The roster is public and lists the activity status of each staff member. If you feel that there is a specific person who has not been active and that this has slipped under my radar, then do tell me. Otherwise, trust that I am doing my job.

3. The Great Skeeve

I have talked to mkalash about this and have to decided to leave the thread up.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  4. ТhatOneGuy

ТhatOneGuy Unathi Species Maintainer

Game Staff activity has improved considerably in recent months thanks in part to the wonderful seniors we've had come through the position of Staff Manager. If anything, I'm probably the least active staffmember on the whole roster, barring those currently on LoA, and I apologize for this profusely every time it gets brought up because I wish I was able to commit myself here far more than I currently am, but I do not plan on giving up and will keep working my hardest to be here when I can.

5. The Great Skeeve

Pending this I will talk to tog about it.

6. The Great Skeeve

The staff inactivity issue has been discussed and is being discussed internally now, so I guess that's good! You can lock this thread (if you wish.) Thanks to tog for addressing the issue quickly.

7. Meyar

Meyar Retired Worstmin 2015-2017

A: wrong subforum, belongs in policy. S+f is for gameplay features and feedback and whatnot.

B: as they said it's being addressed. I was asked to step down for server inactivity for example, even though I was super active on the forums and staff chat. Your concerns have been being addressed for a while.

8. ZeroBits

ZeroBits Deputy Vox Maintainer

To add on to this, I appreciate how quickly this was addressed, and I'm glad to see staff activity enforced on a continued basis.