Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarLords3k - Browser Game

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Thrain, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Thrain

Thrain Donator

A friend of mine told me about this recently. It's a, I guess you'd say, political simulator? Kind of like Cybernations or Tribal Wars (assuming people still generally know what those are) but considerably more fun. It's a sci-fi setting, some empire is crumbling and its former vassals are trying to take over, either economically or through military might. The way its set up has war being much more of a tool than the only option. The in-game community is still very nice, which is surprising, few times I've had to dialogue with the general populace so far has been very friendly.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134379.0 this is a link to the bay12 forum thread on the game. Normally I wouldn't include this but its written by the game dev and does a much more complete job of describing the game than I can.

www.starlords3k.com here is a link to the game itself.

Recap; browser based political simulator with a sci-fi setting, very fun. I'll do my best to answer any questions, though I've only been playing it for about a week now.

Retrosquid64 likes this.
  2. Manored

Manored Executive Officer

That does look quite fun, although I have a tendency to lose interest in browser games after a week or two so I hesitate to dive in. I must ask, is there actually a decent number of people playing this? Because this seems like one of those tiny one-man projects.

3. Thrain

Thrain Donator

I don't know for sure, but it is one of those very small one man projects. I believe right now there is about 20, probably a bit more than that. (EDIT: This is just a guesstimate based upon the personal experience of my friend who turned me onto the game) He knows for a fact there is 14 empires that he's actively talking with, and I've spoken to another six people who where in the tutorial world, chances are there are other people hidden around but probably not too many more.

4. 5crownik007

5crownik007 Permanently Banned User

Cool.

EDIT: But oh jeez these timers
    i just want to play your video game

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  5. Apple Master

Apple Master Donator

Spending most of work in front of way too many monitors means browser games are totally my jam. Gonna take a look at this. (Don't tell anyone I said this)

edit: not super impressed that it doesnt finish loading EVER unless I disable ublock.

6. Mo_Bros

Mo_Bros Research Director

I started playing this shortly after this thread was made, and I've had fun so far. There is a lot of stuff that you sort of have to find out yourself, but you start to get the hang of it pretty quickly. I'm still not doing much besides slowly expanding and figuring out how everything works, but I feel like this will be really fun once I actually start a real game.

7. Retrosquid64

Retrosquid64 Bartender

I haven't played yet, but when I first started up the game it crashed due to my wifi falling out, and an admin contacted me with tips. So that's nice. Definitely gonna play it soon!

8. Mo_Bros

Mo_Bros Research Director

The admin was really helpful, yeah. They told me when I was forgetting stuff without me asking or anything. It really helps when there is so much that you learn at once and can easily miss a piece of it.

Retrosquid64 likes this.
  9. Mahks

Mahks Assistant

A new episode will begin in a few weeks.
    Anyone interested should try the test game and learn the basics, so you will get a good start in the real game.

Thrain likes this.
  10. Mahks

Mahks Assistant

We just started a new episode.
    Join in if you would like.

Feel free to ask questions here.

ТhatOneGuy likes this.
  11. Mahks

Mahks Assistant

It is fall again and testing season begins.

Play testers needed.