Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stellaris Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by HarpyEagle, Jul 1, 2016.

1. HarpyEagle

HarpyEagle Research Director

Hi everyone, if you're interested in joining, please check out the doodle poll and tick off what times you will be available to play: http://doodle.com/poll/m77trycenx9ny3ng

If we end up playing on weekends again, we will be starting the next game on the weekend of June 9-10. Otherwise we will probably be starting late next week or early the week after.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  2. Shadow_Of_Man

Shadow_Of_Man Retired Staff

Hopefully I will actually be around to play this time. Tuesday is the only weekday I can't do.

3. HarpyEagle

The way things are going we'll probably be playing on weekends at 14:00 UTC anyways.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  4. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

Forgot to mention when I posted on the poll, but Saturday evenings are a no-go for me as I'll be playing HEX with a bunch of nerds. But with the way things are going, it's kinda irrelevant anyway. Probably won't be able to play this game ,_,

5. Miniature

Miniature Senior Enlisted Advisor

I have a suggestion:
    Hyperlanes only.

6. Chinsky

Chinsky Retired Staff

7. HarpyEagle

Hi everyone, sorry for not having made any announcements yet, I'll announce the time of the next game sometime tomorrow.

8. Irrationalist

Irrationalist Sol Gov Pilot

Listen up you little-

Anyway. That said, I believe Sunday or this Friday evening would be fine. But chances are I'll be occupied because of other friends having plans with me and I often don't have any other options than accept.

9. HarpyEagle

@Miniature
    @Shadow_Of_Man
    @BlueNexus
    @PunPun (who is that?)
    @Irrationalist

So it looks like we will be playing Stellaris on weekends starting at 14:00 UTC. It turns out I am going to be busy after 16:00 UTC on Saturday and away all day on Sunday, so I'm not sure what to do this weekend exactly.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  10. Miniature

What is "all day on Sunday".
    Punpun is probably Chinsky.
    I can do earlier on Saturday, but I imagine all the silly US people will have problems with it.

11. Finalsong

Finalsong Retired Staff

Hello world! I'm interested in playing. I ticked some stuff, yo.

12. HarpyEagle

Seeing as I'm still awake for some infernal reason, I have a strong feeling I'm not going to be really well disposed to hosting a game of Stellaris much earlier than 14:00 UTC tomorrow, if even that.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  13. HarpyEagle

@Miniature
    @Shadow_Of_Man
    @BlueNexus
    @Chinsky
    @Irrationalist
    @Finalsong
    @Dyne

Hi guys. As it turns out, I will be away this next weekend as well. Since choosing a weekday time would mean excluding additional people, I suggest that someone else step up to host the game. Not sure how you want to go about choosing someone, it's probably easiest if someone just volunteers. It's not much different than playing as a client, you just need to make sure you can be regularly available for the full time period (unlike me as it recently seems) and probably having a good connection helps.

14. Finalsong

Finalsong Retired Staff

I think I'm going to have to drop out of the list of players, sorry. It's a time issue

15. Derpu

Derpu Chef

Aw, shucks. How did I not see this before? Still taking people on?

16. Miniature

Right, I guess I'll do the hosting for at least this week then. It'll be Sunday, 1400UTC. Yell at me if I forget. Mods will be same as last time (i.e. only zbeautifulbattles) unless a discussion that changes things happens.

Since we have people that aren't going to be there, we can still have their races be in the game (for when they get back) as long as I get race files from everyone. They're stored in (on Windows) "%userprofile%/documents/paradox interactive/stellaris/user_empire_designs.txt". Obviously only give the one that you're actually going to be using.

Yep, just be around when the game happens (1400UTC Sunday).

17. Shadow_Of_Man

Sounds good to me. I'll just have to remember to get that mod. And also probably play Stellaris in the mean time, because I heard there was updates.

18. BlueNexus

BlueNexus Retired Staff

Unable to attend the first two sessions due to computer issues.

19. Shadow_Of_Man

20. Miniature

MINIS ONE STEP GUIDE TO ACTUALLY BEING IN THIS SHIT INSTEAD OF MAKING ME WASTE HALF AN HOUR: BE IN #bs12stellaris AROUND WHEN THE GAME IS MEANT TO START

also not happening this week because a whole two people that weren't me showed up

back to you hosting next week harpy?