Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stellaris Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by HarpyEagle, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

So the first session has ended.

[​IMG]

It's going fine.

Ozwell and Cakey like this.
  2. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

Reminder there's one hour to our next session.

3. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

[​IMG]

Tonight's session was a bit shorter due to people disconnecting at the end. I've lost some ground on the scoreboard due to turtling a little, had to focus a lot of resources on the military, but I've finally balanced my unity production, my science production is not amazing but good, the rest of the economy should hopefully follow. The machines are getting some pretty good momentum though, and I don't expect to survive past the first century, but hey. That's still better than the poor pacifists getting turned into AAA batteries as we speak.

Meanwhile, I've also decided to give future full AIs citizen rights. We'll see how that goes. I mean, it's not like the last AI we met decided that organics needed to be wiped out.

Manored, Ozwell and Vulcenus like this.
  4. El3ctr1c

El3ctr1c Chef

Do you guys play with mods? And is it open to anyone when a new session starts?

5. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

No mods, and the game still has a few AIs for people who would want to jump into the game (I think there's a Hive Mind somewhere, not sure about the rest)

6. El3ctr1c

El3ctr1c Chef

Ahh, i'd rather wait till you guys restart. I still have to learn this new MegaCorp bullshit

7. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

[​IMG]

In tonight's session, I nearly died. The Automata finally decided to invade, wiping the floor with my toad ass in the first assault, even though I did some damage to their fleets. Thanks to a bit of a technical issue from Cakey's side and the well-timed intervention of Eupok's UNE though, I managed to settle for a full white peace, giving me ten more years to enjoy life before being erased from existence, yay.

As you might expect from a session full of war and death, my economy kinda stagnated. The good news, however, is that I actually managed to out-tech the Automata, for now. My robot industry is taking some speed, so I'm crossing my fingers very hard and hope that I'll manage to use these ten years to get my shit together.

Also Eupok stole the Galactic Market from me. I'm very angry, but since they saved my ass, I think I'm going to forgive them.

8. Manored

Manored Executive Officer

How long are your sessions? I'm asking because last time I played Stellaris, everything took an eternity to happen, even at constant max speed.

9. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

Two hours and a half, three hours each, I'd say, and on average we're doing 25 years per session.

10. Noble Caos

Noble Caos The Lorax Diona Species Maintainer

To Answer @Paradoxon's "Don't know how many AIs are left" There's a near-dead empire, a soon to be near dead megacorp and a hive mind.

11. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

Should've done this sooner this week, but here we go.

Because of uneven attendence to the previous game of too many players, we're rebooting this week on a smaller map, ten players max, same hours (20GMT on Fridays, so this evening).

Preferably with people who intend to be there to the best of their abilities :eek:

Ozwell likes this.
  12. El3ctr1c

El3ctr1c Chef

Oh shit, could i join in with you all? or is it already full?

13. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

Not a lot of people really confirmed they'd be in, so my opinion is "we'll see what happens".

I really advise anyone interested to check in on Discord in the #gaming channel for live informations

14. El3ctr1c

El3ctr1c Chef

Gotcha, thanks either way

15. Tristan63

Tristan63 Sol Gov Pilot

This still going on?

16. Noble Caos

Noble Caos The Lorax Diona Species Maintainer

Kinda? Check #gaming on discord, if you're on Discord.