Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subosovitch - Dionaea

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Subosovitch, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subosovitch

Subosovitch Bartender

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Subosovitch

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    1-2 Months? I am not really good with time.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Jera Stafford (Science)
    TELOS (AI/Borg)
    M.O.B. (Borg)

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Dionaea, all of them.

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I had a fun time as a Nymph and find the concept of a collective of very curious beings that grow on light and radiation very appealing. Plus their non-regular form of life makes it a nice change to the regular human. Also all Dionaea I met so far were a really good addition the RP.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Names in a classical sense dont exist, rather they choose a series of names that 'defined' them in a way such as:
    A bright crystal floating over a distant snowfield being covered in red fungus
    Stars illuminating a deep cavern with dark corners through bright stars
    Metal brushing against a bright wall on the darkest days of a planetfall
    Those names usually are cut shorter to adapt to the beings they are around. And to save the HR department headaches.

Summarize what you know about the species.
    Firstly Dionaea are not a single individual but many. Alone they are called Diona Nymphs which are the size of cats, two or more are that have freshly formed are considered a gestalt and once they synced up proper and reached a suffiencent amount of Biomass they become a Dionaea that can form up to the size of space stations and stars. The larger a Dionaea are the slower they think due to their decentralized nervous system however their capacity increases. Additionally they do not have DNA, although cell based. Generally the individual Diona move similar to a catapillar. They also form new Diona by seeds which grow similar to plants.
    They do not regularly breath although they occationally intake gasses for heat management. They usually feed of light and radiation which allows them to inhabit spaces no one else would.
    As for their behavior they at large are high curious and depending on their size rather slow and usually tend to be more passive. This also leads to rather peacefull behavior although they are not limited to it, they simply lack the understanding of why violence would be needed in most cases. Given that they are a group of beings they lack any concept of personal space and are therefore quite touchy. They might also be perceived as naive when they are still learning, which they usually strive to do above all else. The longer they are around others the more adapted they become, however they are also mostly focused on learning new things.
    Also notable is that Dionaea have two forms of communication which is refered as "rootspeak". One is for shorter communication, such as a single cluster of Dionaea and longer range, beyond normal space, with other clusters.

2. Noble Caos

Noble Caos The Lorax Trial Administrator Diona Species Maintainer

Make a character concept
    Put them in this/these scenario(s):
    The chef is making food out of nymphs. What do you do?
    You are in the middle of a hostage situation, and told to not use your radio at gunpoint. How do you react?

3. Subosovitch

Subosovitch Bartender

We are 'Scanning a bright crystal humming over the distant stars covered in screams under a large white tile', a name we formed from our experiences as observers during many explorations and laboratory works, one in particular where the head researcher screamed nearly constantly. After much observation we formed into a average sized Humanoid shape to accompany the SEV Torch upon explorative Missions as Scientist Contractor from a smaller company belonging to one of the megacorps, a formation we found familiar.
    Usally the Dionaea is just refered to as 'Bright Crytal' or just 'Crytals' and had its origins from several Nymphs that were attending observative positions in laboratories across different private companys. Upon forming into a gestalt and onward they applied to become a researcher since they found the access to new information, scanners to obtain such and and unique other species to be most prevalent there. Researchers tended to have a unique personality and usually were very curious which they found appealing. Unfortunatly they did not have had the chance yet to observe other aliens than huamsn work in research yet, hence they wished to join the Torch to do so.
    As of now they refer to themself as 'we' since most groups, lab-teams and so on refered to them as such too and no one seemed to object to them doing the same. However when they get to know a Human individual better they will refer to themself as "Me, I" occationally since Humans apear to use this for more close relationships but futher observation would be needed to confirm this.
    Crystals is also quite keen on going onto exploration away-missions, however is hardly ever allowed which increases their curiosity towards it.

They would attempt to halt the situation, since Nymph still need to grow and form a gestalt and would suggest that they are not to be made to food, but rather observe the proccess of making food. Additionally we would like to know why the chef thought that Diona are viable food sources as our structure is very unique and addtionally we are considered to be part of the crew and if he would eat other crew members too.
    If the chef does not wish to stop we would call security, the command or my senior research to explain to me why the Chef acts like this and if they can stop him. If this response fails they would make soft attempts to stop the chef, without proper reason and explanation there is no reason to inflict harm upon Diona.

Note: This one was actually hard to figure out since from the sources I could not gather how Diona see their species as a whole, lacking a society and all and how they react to harm against their kind but not their own mass. Depending on how strong the protection of Diona in general is for Diona the response would be more direct towards the chef if prooved uncooperative. Would be very happy if you could tell me if Diona feel a protective need towards other Diona to the point where force might be considered viable.

Firstly we would start to probe for the reasons of the situation, what would be archived? Why would we cease the radio communications? In order to uphold the situation to the degree where we could probe for questions. At large we would follow the situation along to see where it leads, such extreme cases is something we have not seen before first hand! If using the radio would endanger us or our ability to sate our curiosity we would cease it for the moment to prolong this new situation and explore alongside it.
    However we would be very pressing to find out why this situation is developing since the origin is usually very important!
    Due to the safety proceedures they learnt they would also attempt to shield everyone in this 'experiment' from direct harm, since only alive coworkers are generating information.

4. Noble Caos

As I'm currently doing exams, I'll get to this after the 20th or 21st.

Subosovitch likes this.
  5. Noble Caos

As you may have noticed, the 21st came and passed. I have severely lacking internet as I am on vacation, will get to this soon

Subosovitch likes this.
  6. Noble Caos

You play a fair amount, and it seems like you can do good. Give me a few and you'll be added.

Subosovitch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.