Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technetium - Game Administrator

Discussion in 'Invalid' started by Bxil, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bxil

Bxil Bartender

Key/username of admin: Phosphorus
    Your key/username: Bxil
    Date and Time of Incident(s): 2018-12-19 GMT 12:00, Game ID bXT-bPg4
    Reason for complaint:
    After joining a lowpop round auto-traitor chose me. Lowpop, as in there was only me, a passenger, and someone not on the manifest talking about being a random SCG vessel looking to upgrade the Aquila.
    I wonder what scheme should I hatch, until suddenly the SCG person announces that no-one should visit their vessel. Thus that was the only obvious thing to do. As such I walk up to the dock, shoot out the turrets, and enter. Half minute later the person follows, immediately stuns me, then proceeds to beat me to death while repeatedly screaming "WHAT DID I ASK?!". After that she admin fixes everything I broke then goes on her merry way as if nothing happened. To her credit she did do CPR on me.
    I was uncertain if this should be a player complaint or not. Due to the use of admin powers I decided to make it an admin complaint. I apologize if it still should have been a player complaint.
    Evidence of complaint:
    upload_2018-12-19_13-31-12.png

upload_2018-12-19_13-32-4.png

upload_2018-12-19_13-32-44.png

Edit: Changed admin key. Cannot change topic name, someone please help with that.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Phosphorus

Phosphorus Game Administrator

hi. this was me. to clarify a couple of things that you omitted:

ERT/Admin shuttles are typically no-go zones unless explicitly said otherwise by players. This was an IC event, granted, but you also left out that:

When you were stunned, you dropped an egun set to lethal.
    Plenty of warning was given IC that entering the shuttle would result in bad things (TM) (At least two separate occasions it was mentioned that bad things would happen).

thanks!

3. Bxil

Bxil Bartender

It just happened to be on lethal because I killed the turrets. I wanted to change it but I had no time, because the moment I grabbed it you shot at me.

Well, I was a traitor, and I believe it is expected of an antagonist to engage. I had two options: jump at the defenseless passenger - whose whereabouts or what he was doing was unknown to me. Or jump at you, whose plans and location were known. If you think about it there isn't really an actual decision here.

I still feel that "I am going to sandbox the Aquila, try to stop that and die" is not a valid approach. If you wanted to do that antagonist free you should have done that on extended or on a private server.

4. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kohai № 1 Staff Manager Manager Senior Administrator Community Moderator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Hi. We're looking into this. I'm locking the thread for now since I don't think any more information will be forthcoming from posts in it.

5. Virgil

Virgil Head Administrator Game Administrator Community Moderator

This hasn't been forgotten. The holiday season caused this to get put on the back burner for a bit.

A senior will pick this up once new years has passed.

6. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kohai № 1 Staff Manager Manager Senior Administrator Community Moderator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Hi @Bxil - We've looked into this at length now, and have decided that as far as being killed by @Phosphorus goes, it was not against the rules or outside of the situational context. You chose to shoot out the turrets in an area you knew was populated by military engineers, and then were killed by them when they managed to down you before you could laser them. Their use of powers is something we're looking at seperately, and will not be posting a result for here. Thanks for taking the time to post this, and sorry it took a long while to give you a response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.