Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The End of an Era?

Discussion in 'Public Staff Forum' started by Virgil, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Virgil

Virgil Head Administrator Game Administrator Community Moderator

Management and senior roles will officially no longer be dictated by elections. Candidates for senior positions will no longer be nominated and elections will no longer be run. Concequently, the SOP for electing new head and senior staff is now invalid and null, and will shortly be archived.

Senior staff will be chosen by the Head Admin as deemed appropriate with priority given to those of seniority within the staff team (minimum six months of being an admin). For the time being the elected individuals dictated by the prior election will be keeping their positions as I feel they're all suitable for the role. Incidentally, they're also all senior as admins too. Hurray!

A greater senior re-work and a bit of a restructure to accomidate is in the works, and feedback will be taken into account as there's still things not entirely set in stone. This will be announced in due time.

With all this said, I'm not entirely deaf to the concerns I've seen raised, and I've created and set a process in stone should myself or a successor turn out to be unfit for the job. This process is detailed here.

Ursur, Earthcrusher and Noble Caos like this.
  2. Head

Head Host

Wow, a sensible change for once.

3. xales

xales Host Game Administrator Developer Community Moderator

This has my (relatively meaningless lol) stamp of approval!

4. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kohai № 1 Staff Manager Manager Senior Administrator Community Moderator Donator

It is a good pain.

5. ТhatOneGuy

ТhatOneGuy Unathi Species Maintainer

Yes...YEEEESSSSS. It’s happening my dream has come true

6. Shadow_Of_Man

Shadow_Of_Man Retired Staff

But you were the head admin - This could have been you.

Also, this is cool virgie. I'm glad you've actually pulled through with doing what you said you would.

One question: Does this mean that head admin is a permanent position? (It was my understanding that the seniors would be senior and that, but I didn't realise or see that head would be the same).

7. Virgil

It does, yes.

8. ТhatOneGuy

I don’t think people would’ve liked me doing this.

I do think tho that with the position being permanent we should have bi yearly “should he keep doing it” votes in the staff

Ursur likes this.
  9. Virgil

At that point you're just reintroducing the political thing and essentially undoing the point of this, so no.

Ozwell likes this.
  10. ТhatOneGuy

Personally tho, VONCs and stepping down on their own shouldn’t be the only ways to get new blood into the role is all

Ozwell likes this.
  11. Virgil

VONCs aren't necessarily the only way - enough valid complaints can also get one removed.

There shouldn't need to be new blood, in theory. In practice, we'll just have to see.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    ТhatOneGuy likes this.