Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion The Little Things 5: A New Jive

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Spookerton, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Spookerton

Spookerton Head Administrator Head Administrator Senior Administrator Game Administrator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

The Little Things 4 is archived because it's 3 years old and 57 pages long. Goodnight sweet scream jar; go softly into page 2.

This is a thread for all those ideas for minor changes you lot may have but don't think warrant a new thread.
    If it takes you more than a paragraph to explain the idea it probably doesn't belong in here.

Blue_Bit and Banditoz like this.
  2. Ozwell

Ozwell Sol Gov Pilot

I'll start us off fresh: toilet mechanics.

asinglespessman and Levi Gold like this.
  3. warbluke

warbluke Petty Officer First Class

I dunno, something more persistent in-between round maybe? Like once a week there's a special round devoted to an overarching story or mission. Or not, that's fine too.

4. Fysh

Fysh Research Director

Oh boy. This is not a small suggestion at all :p I've been wanting "cannon" rounds for a while, a normal round but will be cannon for ever. Ala

5. Blue_Bit

Blue_Bit Petty Officer First Class

Yeah, like a lore round would be neato. Something happens lore-wise and it effects the Torch somehow, giving us an event.

6. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

There’s been times that happened it’s just a lot of work to do every week but there’s definitely story arc ideas being worked on

7. Sweedle

Sweedle Game Moderator

More ribbons, coupled with a way of doing multiple types of the same loadout items. The former seems really simple and a great way to flesh out uniformed characters. I imagine the latter would be a little tougher to do, but I've heard it talked about several times.

8. Blue_Bit

Blue_Bit Petty Officer First Class

It would be neat to have a "jump" verb that lets you skip over one tile, would be useful for getting over holes and such. Could be tied to the "athletics" skill.

9. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

What about a climb verb so you could go between z levels through the holes huh

10. LorenLuke

LorenLuke Commanding Officer

You can do that already.

ThatOneGuy likes this.
  11. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

tbh I should’ve probably paid more attention and noticed that

12. F-Tang Steve

F-Tang Steve Developer Serpentid Species Maintainer

Yeah you just need a chair or something

13. Fysh

Fysh Research Director

Make it so clicking a liquid container with food transfer 1u of the liquid to the food, and broadcasts a message too. I want to dunk cookies in milk and donuts in coffee already!

14. Toybasher

Toybasher Research Director

Could have sword there was something like that in the game already, not for cookies in milk but stuff like splashing poison onto a cupcake, etc.

15. Chinsky

Chinsky Developer

That's a thing but only for cigs

16. Kelenius

Kelenius Executive Officer

And you'll need to define it on a per-food basis, or you'll get people dipping soups into glasses.

17. F-Tang Steve

F-Tang Steve Developer Serpentid Species Maintainer

Add an absorbent flag to reagent containers that lets them soak up reagents. Useful for the bar rag too.

18. Privateer

Privateer Research Director

I'll do you one better. A BUNCH of awards, and a way to select your salad bar in your record, so as to finely tune your characters government service background.

Right up there with adding political party affiliation around 'faction' and 'homeworld'.

19. Chinsky

Chinsky Developer

Make a list of proposed ones, adding them is piss easy codewise, just need to generate the word salad.

20. tlc2013

tlc2013 Senior Enlisted Advisor

In light (ha) of Dionaea being given glowing eyes, I feel I should request this one again;

Glowing synthetic eyes - that is, the prosthetics - and IPC monitors. The latter could even have an option to give off actual light, if desired; it'd make sense, and it's how Aurora does it.

I also apparently hadn't watched this thread yet, so this post accomplishes that too.

SierraKomodo likes this.