Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion The Little Things 5: A New Jive

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Spookerton, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Fysh

Fysh Research Director

Borgs have had those glowingly eyes for a while, giving it to IPCs would be a simple step.

2. F-Tang Steve

F-Tang Steve Developer Serpentid Species Maintainer

Not as simple as it seems

3. tlc2013

tlc2013 Senior Enlisted Advisor

Whiiich is why I haven't done it myself yet - at least, not successfully. I tried, and, well, I failed.

If anyone else could do it, however, that'd be great.

4. Blue_Bit

Blue_Bit Petty Officer First Class

You know how when you throw an item at a disposals basket, it sometimes bounces off? It would be neat if the odds of it bouncing off was tied to the "athletics" skill.

5. Maveriknight

Maveriknight Sol Gov Pilot

the odds of throwing sharp shit and it sticking should be too. throwing in general, really.

6. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected

I think I mentioned this in the old thread, so here we are again: Some of the new door sprites, when open, look like the old closed door sprites with some extra stuff on them. It confuses me when I'm playing AI.

7. afterthought

afterthought Retired Staff

Some of this is modified by athletics, indirectly, I believe: because of what athletics does, it modifies the momentum calculation, which is then used in determining some of the throw effects. That said, throw effects are pretty complicated, and I couldn't tell you exactly what it does. Could be made more dramatic with direct skill checks pretty easily.

I also want to advertise adding skill effects as a pretty low-expertise-required way of making contributions to the repo. For many things, adding a skill effect is 1-2 lines of code. If you need help, ask in #coding. While there are a couple of skills remaining for which I need to do a broader skill effects PR, for most of them what you see currently is what you're stuck with, unless you add it.

8. F-Tang Steve

Got some comparison images?

9. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected

Won't be able to get them until I'm back home on Tuesday

10. Loaf

Loaf Retired Staff

If it's just eye overlays it would be one var addition.

11. F-Tang Steve

They need to have their eye icons all split out as I don't think they currently are.

12. d3f4ult

d3f4ult Assistant

Unholster machete/gun from holster-belt via alt(ctrl)+clicking on it.

13. Faustico

Faustico Petty Officer First Class

Grey drop pouches that anyone can choose from the loadout would be pretty nice. Or just letting anyone take whatever drop pouches since ingame they're functionally identical and named after the color of the drop pouch instead of the department that can choose to take them.

14. Lgmmrm

Lgmmrm Petty Officer First Class

Can the SEA's Light Switch be moved?

It's in a place where I remove a light tube if my mouse isn't aimed just right.

15. Mockingjay00

Mockingjay00 Petty Officer First Class

So I used to go afk in the bathrooms all the time.

Really normal thing. Gives the bathrooms some use. Can 'RP' that my char's gone to the bathroom. Good deals.

Except no one told me we generate more CO2.

So Layla Meer dies of asphyxiation on the floor of a bathroom stall due to breathing in her own toxic CO2.
    [​IMG]

Feels bad man.

Is it possible to do something about this? OR should I just kinda...avoid the bathrooms altogether...forever?

EDIT: I Mean, I was told I died of the Co2. Not sure if accurate, or just a confusion.

16. Za_Redman

Za_Redman Donator

https://github.com/Baystation12/Baystation12/pull/22530

It's in the works.

https://github.com/Baystation12/Baystation12/pull/22536

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  17. Privateer

Privateer Research Director

1) Can we standardize/remove some of the various spawned objects?
    a) Like, the two wire coils that spawn in the SMES room aren't the same as other wire coils so they can't be loaded into a vending machine. I think the coils that spawn in a tool belt are the same type, instead of the 'regular' coil type. I have no idea, but I imagine this means there are two different coil objects?
    b) Can we get rid of the air tank? Its kinda useless, and its really easy to miss that its a mixed air tank and not an oxygen tank.
    c) If we can't get rid of the air tank, can we at least make it a white tank, and standardize some of the tank colors, so we son't have, say, a red oxygen tank when that's the color of N2 tanks? I would imagine blue and yellow oxygen tanks are fine (Make the yellows spawn with emergency space suits, maybe?).
    d) Can we change the size of the double emergency oxygen tanks? I understand that they were made bigger for... reasons, but that makes them kind of useless as emergency oxygen tanks, which otherwise are supposed to fit in your pocket, or on your belt, or in a box when you're not using them. I know I used to shove a tank and a mask into webbing as an engineer, and now I can't do that. And its not like bigger oxygen tanks aren't way easier to find than the double emergency tanks. So... either change the size of the double emergency tanks, or replace them on the map with the regular yellow emergency tanks, and/or maybe leave them to spawn as special emergency tanks for ERT or something. Cause right now the double emergency tanks are just wasted objects.
    e) Speaking of wasted objects: Why is the First Aid Kit (Empty) A thing? I get its kinda like a joke. You're rummaging through first aid supplies, and, oh look, a useless object. The only use they actually have, other than restocking, is with robotics to make a medi-bot. So... maybe map a few in robotics and remove them from the random medical spawn list, so we don't get useless boxes that spawn in first aid supplies? Or... at least is it possible to make the (empty) part a label that can be removed, so we can restock those kits and they still don't read empty?

2) And speaking of first aid kits, and tool boxes: Can we add more stuff to be printed/broken down with the autolathe?
    a) I know I've mentioned this before with tool boxes, but could we get the ability to print/break down both in an auto lathe? If you actually want a toolbox, you normally have to go hunting maintenance for one. You can't even order any blue ones from cargo; The electrical crate comes with yellow ones, the emergency crate comes with red, but the mechanical crate comes with toolbelts instead.) If you order a crate of pouches to restock nanomeds and toss the boxes the pouches came in, there's no way to use those other than to create more clutter. So... yeah.
    b) Can we make basic computer parts printable through the autolathe? Its a little ridiculous that engineering, if they need to add a new console or replace one, would have to go to research and development to pick up another god damn hard drive, and tech storage has the parts for... one computer, if I recall correctly. When computers were like, super rare and rather expensive, I could get this, but now everyone can spawn in with a kickass tablet from loadout, and most of our previous single purpose consoles have been upgraded to the new NTNet ones, so it makes more sense to be able to more easily repair or produce new ones.
    c) Maybe add emergency air tanks and a facemask or two to the list (at the very least so cargo can break down the various emergency internals that are flushed invariably down disposals during the beginning of the watch. At the very least, this would allow cargo to restock some of the emergency internal lockers that invariably vanish or get raided without ordering an ENTIRE emergency crate (because the internals crate DOESN'T INCLUDE INTERNALS; just gasmasks and full on air tanks.)

Miraviel likes this.
  18. samsone700

samsone700 Petty Officer First Class

Can we please remove the Medical Contractor ALT title?

I can't be only one feeling slightly annoyed that medical contractors can be jack of all trades. Chemist, virologist, Surgeon, Doctor, First responder, You name it.. Its such an unspecified role and with skills that matters, you cannot know what they are actually good at, you just have to take their word for it.

Some guy makes meds, does surgery AND treats viruses, oh well, he's a medical contractor so he is probably trained in all that.
    He has no rank either, which completely detaches them from the hierarchy in medbay, making him feel like a power role cause no one can actually order him around and no one knows his capabilities.

There are tons of specializations, make contractors choose a specialization so we actually know what he is capable of. Are we talking to a master physician or a newbie intern?

Miraviel, slickfigure and nearlyNon like this.
  19. SparklySheep

SparklySheep Retired Staff

Wrong. He's below everyone with a rank.

20. Mockingjay00

Mockingjay00 Petty Officer First Class

I have a new issue!

I am mass producing chickens in hydro. Population's out of hand. Crew needs food.

So I decide to cull some for their meat and population control. I raise my hatchet.

SHATTERS.

Dead chicken. Shattered steel hatchet.

Space chickens must be made of diamond.

tlc2013 and LorenLuke like this.