Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion The Little Things 5: A New Jive

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Spookerton, Jul 10, 2018.

1. nearlyNon

nearlyNon Petty Officer First Class

Fixed, was a bug in my bell PR.

2. Tristan63

Tristan63 Senior Enlisted Advisor

Hey this should be renamed to not be SCG Marine related because everyone hates those for some reason.

[​IMG]

3. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected

Option to spawn with standard uniform berets when in loadout?

4. Fysh

Fysh Research Director

I don't think it's that necessary. It's super easy to get a standard beret in cyro

5. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected

You can say the same about the fleet cap you can spawn with, and that's a loadout option. Just a small QOL update :p

6. Privateer

Privateer Research Director

Yeah, honestly, the less I have to do at round start, the better. EC Cap is a loadout item, branch specific beret wouldn't bad.

7. Bad_Apple797

Bad_Apple797 Bartender

Can components of the Shield Generator actually affect it? As in laser = efficiency and Capacitor = capacity beyond what coil you choose, because they don't seem to at the moment

8. Banditoz

Banditoz Senior Enlisted Advisor

More advanced capacitors help make advanced field harmonics a little more efficient.

9. Mockingjay00

Mockingjay00 Petty Officer First Class

I have a new thing that pertains to the actor's area.

It is a combination of two things!

1: You cannot construct light fixtures in the actor's area. You are limited to the light that is already there.
    [​IMG]
    2: It could use an autolathe. So you can produce more props/objects.

My primary issue is the light thing. I would use the actor's area like 100% more if that were solved.

10. Banditoz

Banditoz Senior Enlisted Advisor

Should be a simple fix. I believe unsimlated turfs don't do lighting, so make a new type of turf that's unbreakable and processes lighting.

11. Blue_Bit

Blue_Bit Petty Officer First Class

It would be neat if brain damage/intoxication reduced your skills until you get treated/sober up.

Also, people shouldn't be getting their hand stuck in the blender unless they're untrained and brain damaged/drunk. How dumb do you have to be to get your hand caught in a blender?

Climbing speed for tables/half walls/etc should be tied to the athletics skill.

12. Rebbus

Rebbus Bartender

In-game character redactor thing should provide you with an ability to change your body build and height.
    Alien monolith species-changing should provide you with a limited character redactor, just because species-changing wipes out your saved body build and height and you become average. And also skin colour.

nearlyNon likes this.
  13. RuneCap

RuneCap Chef

Corporate Liasons (also known as NT Liasons, reps, and executives) should have access to Aux Custodial Storage in Research labs. I'd find it fitting as they are given the envelope telling them the secret vatclones inside and CLs are generally seen with the same authority as RD so they should have the same access with the only difference being the obvious (no access to RD office).

Chinsky and LorenLuke like this.
  14. Maybe an in-game record system for promotions that admins can save and users can't touch? So if I decide to play a certain field as a character, a field where in-game I was promoted to, it's in my record? Or noted in my employee record? IDK. OR a specialized award? Thinking abstractly still.

15. nearlyNon

Why would you need an admin involved? Either mention a field promotion as canon in your employment records, or retcon it, or just play it without justifying it. Canon only goes across rounds as you require.

16. Privateer

Privateer Research Director

ICly, unless your playing a character in a /very specific/ time in their careers, people shouldn't really be promoted in game.

17. Faustico

Faustico Petty Officer First Class

Being able to climb over radiation collector arrays would be a really nice QoL buff for engineering.

18. UnsavorySquid

UnsavorySquid Petty Officer First Class

This a thousand times.

Also, since we now have persistant filth across the ship from previous rounds, We need an update for the little bucket janibots, as they will happly wipe away dirt and grime while ignoring the massive splashes of Filth caking the halls. How do they even reach the floors through the three inch crust of Filth that coats most of the halls after a round of mercs or cult or.. well, anything combatish at all really.

Also, now that Soap is no longer the janitors EZ-PZ Kwik solution to cleaning without a mop, can we remove the need to wet it what feels like every five tiles? its the only thing that can remove the filth on walls.

Also, add Flora data discs to either Supply, or the protolathe (since theres already a few other data discs in there) so that Xenobotanists don't have to be constantly wiping their discs to be able to do any part of their job effectively.

Better yet, let us have a way to store the information other than on what are currently a total of 14 (irreplaceable) discs to cover 12 genes. I don't know if this would be some kind of Xenoflora console or even just a print-able disc witht he data rather than hard discs we need to keep re-writing.

OH and swap the placements of the Seed Extractor, the Bioballistics, and the centerfuge with the biogenerator and the honey-press. those machines are the bread and butter of the Xenobontanists duties, why have them cramped in an awkward corner? Also, put a chem master in there since A xeno botanist should be able to process their own damn plants without having to run to the misc lab every time!

(wow this got a lot longer than I meant it to!)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Faustico likes this.
  19. nearlyNon

there's a new PR that when it gets merged should fix the mop problem, they're going to be able to get an infiniwater mop from research that also mops faster

and a tactical janibelt B)

20. Miraviel

Miraviel Retired Staff

Can add floral data disks to the protolathe but I'm working on a bit different sprite for them first.
    As for the mapping, how about this? Unfortunately, I cannot give the chemmaster a table and a grinder, which would be optimal, without putting the honey extractor to an awkward place.

xenof.PNG
    Unless I move the water tank on top of that valve, then the chemmaster can have two tables:
    xenof2.PNG

Lindhrive likes this.