Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion The Little Things 5: A New Jive

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Spookerton, Jul 10, 2018.

1. cammissar

cammissar Petty Officer First Class

Leave my snowflake alone :mad: :mad:

I don't think it's a good idea either, just a thought. I don't have a videogame realism fetish.

I'm glad the height/weight thing never became mechanical but if it had to be done though, that's what my idea would be. Being larger would make it harder for you to be carried away as a form of balance.

2. Levi Gold

Levi Gold Bartender

Somewhat related to all that what about dominant hands having mechanical effects? Maybe on the character creation page you could select if you are left or right hand dominant and using your non dominant for various tasks such as construction and firing a gun will give you a penalty,

3. Ithalan

Ithalan Senior Enlisted Advisor

Using your dominant hand is something you just do subconsciously as a human being. I don't think penalizing you for not actively paying attention to at all times in the game is going to turn out to be anything other than annoying.

flying_loulou likes this.
  4. cammissar

cammissar Petty Officer First Class

I used to carry a roller bed in my right hand to get out of saluting, that's as far as I took paying attention

5. Eastwardrope

Eastwardrope Bartender

Peoples dominant hand is often more dexterous and longer than their off hand for example take your hands and hold them together at the wrist your right hand should be just about a half inch to quarter inch long it should also be more dexterous such as being able to write or other tasks which you just can't get your other hand to so I think a Dominant hand effect at least for Humans would make sense a bit but I think it should be a buff instead of a Debuff for not following it such as better aim.

6. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected

I'm right handed. My left hand is about two mm longer than my right hand.

7. Eastwardrope

Eastwardrope Bartender

Then you must use your left hand alot above average. But in general the human body physically adapts to usage IE your muscles expand when you work out, your nerves fatten when you preform the same task over and over and in general you become better with repetition I think having a slight buff based on hand would be a nice little thing to add though being from the aforementioned facts.