Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion The Little Things 5: A New Jive

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Spookerton, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Kirby Elder

Kirby Elder Bartender

When you aim a gun at somebody, they should receive a big red message that says "X HAS AIMED A GUN AT YOU! THEY WILL FIRE REFLEXIVELY IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS!", and they should have like 1-2 seconds grace before the restrictions actually apply. This avoids the scenario where you point a gun at somebody and they just instantly get shot by accident.

Levi Gold likes this.
  2. Shadowtail117

Shadowtail117 Petty Officer First Class

If I remember correctly you do get a couple of seconds before they will start reflexively firing. They also get a red bolded message in chat when they get a gun pointed at them, although it would make sense for it to be a bit bigger.

3. Kirby Elder

Kirby Elder Bartender

About half the times I've pointed a gun at somebody recently (with experienced weapons expertise), I instantly reflex-fired.

4. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected Developer

This is because if someone clicks to face another direction, the game treats it as them trying to use an item (Because clicking) and as moving (Because turning).

5. Ozwell

Ozwell Sol Gov Pilot

smell sensor

6. CubecsMelody

CubecsMelody Petty Officer First Class

people kinda smell like cooked meat after getting boiled alife by an energy gun

7. Noelysm

Noelysm Assistant

Closed captioning for explosions/gunshots/anything that makes the room clear out while I'm standing there like a fool.

Edit: Apparently air alarms make sound?!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    TheMusician321 and El3ctr1c like this.
  8. rrrrrr

rrrrrr Bartender

Speaking as an ex-vaper and a current smoker: you go through vape carts way, way too fast in this game... they last about all of a minute. In my experience, a single vape cart lasted me about 2-3 days. I would often have to recharge it at least once, too. They usually came two to a package. Meanwhile, people smoke several packs a day on the Torch (because you only get 6 cigs; upping it to 20 would make more sense and also make the 2-pack limit all the brands have more reasonable, too!)
    In short, I think...
    • Vape carts should last far longer (30-40 minutes)
    • 20 cigarettes to a pack
    Really minor stuff, but I feel like it matters. Nicotine-addiction realism.

Don_Piano and Roth like this.
  9. I wish we could play as a Government employed senior Researcher, it honestly makes more sense for the SCG Bureau of Science to send researchers in advisory positions to the CSO than for them to send interns. When I proposed this in the OOC chat a staff member reacted pretty unnecessarily aggressive to the proposition, calling it a "pathetic dillution" that would do nothing but make things more "gray and bland". I disagree with this, I think having government workers aboard the Torch makes a lot of sense, it's a government mission, with partial private funding (through the EXO), it makes a lot of sense that the government would want its scientists in a advisory position to the EC CSO, currently, government science is just a different flavour of contractor, and that, in my opinion, is bland, it makes no differentiation to how SCG would treat its own government bodies and private companies that hold no loyalty to the SCG. Also, if you take a look at how people play Senior Researcher, most of the characters are already stretching what's acceptable for an EC member to act like. Also, on a side note, I believe that having people in a department have different backgrounds can lead to really great RP, and a government Senior Researcher being the right arm of an EC CSO, dealing with mostly civilian researchers and anomalist and such is a great opportunity for RP.