Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vox Rewrite Draft

Discussion in 'Public Staff Forum' started by F-Tang Steve, Mar 25, 2018.

1. F-Tang Steve

F-Tang Steve Game Administrator Developer Serpentid Species Maintainer Deputy IPC Maintainer Deputy Diona Maintainer Wiki Maintainer

After speaking with @masterrbc, the new Vox maintainer, he will be working with a small team on a draft for a lore rework.

This draft is expected for Sunday, April 8th though I encourage reaching out to me throughout the next two weeks.

Additionally, reworks that change the core ideas of the Vox too far may be rejected. This would include changes like them becoming a regular ship species.

masterrbc likes this.
  2. F-Tang Steve

F-Tang Steve Game Administrator Developer Serpentid Species Maintainer Deputy IPC Maintainer Deputy Diona Maintainer Wiki Maintainer

We are now one week into the two week period.

@masterrbc please post here with an update on your one week progress over the next day or two. You don't need to put in specific details, but I'd like to hear what you have done so far on the new proposal and make sure you're on the right track.

3. masterrbc

masterrbc That Aussie Donator

Currently, we are hashing out what is the overall definition of the Vox as a species, as well as working on the framework of what is key to their gameplay/relevance.

While some of it is taking some time (Due to easter mostly), we are getting there and it's not gonna be something done overnight unfortunately.

Secondly, we have had a community member step forward with enhanced lore for the history of the Vox, as well as giving more in-depth lore to consider making canon, while not relevant to core gameplay, it's still nice for those who wish to delve deeper.

4. F-Tang Steve

Ok, I've talked with @masterrbc and the lore draft is going well so far. There's a good framework down to build off of.

The next step is a finalised draft with all the details hammered out and ready to be made into a wiki page. After talking, we've decided on having that finalised draft for next week, Sunday April 15th. Please have it done for then.

masterrbc likes this.
  5. masterrbc

masterrbc That Aussie Donator

So, we've pretty much done with all of our lore stuff. My fault for stuffing up my words - we did a lore addition and clean up, not a rewrite. I'll do a more in-depth post at some point this week.

F-Tang Steve likes this.