Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted WellingtonSkellington - IPC

Discussion in 'Archived Species Applications' started by Anna May, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anna May

Anna May Bartender

About You

What is your Byond key?

WellingtonSkellington

What is your Discord username?

Ripley's Believe It or Else™#1660

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?

About 9 months I think? I started mid 2020

What are the names of your better-known characters?

Anna May - Human Bartender

Mariah Mayfields - Human Roboticist

Steel Gently Cracking - Diona Janitor

Artemis - Surveyor Drone

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?

IPC, Integrated Positronic Chassis

Why do you want to play as the alien species?

After playing as and working around synthetics for so long, I’ve come to really enjoy the way that they are played, and their different way of thinking compared to a human. I also think that having a larger variety of non-humans on the ship adds a lot to the experience of Bay for everyone. Also humans are mad boring to play, and IPCs are flexible enough to fit into most character archetypes I have in mind.

What are some example names for the alien species?

FB-123, Artemis, Synapse, NULL-094 (Honestly just about anything goes, as they are a synthetic being that are often named by their manufacturer or owner)

Summarize what you know about the species.

IPC - Integrated Positronic Chassis

An IPC is a positronic brain inside of a (usually) humanoid chassis. Positronic brains are synthetic brains that are capable of forming opinions and higher thought, although are often unbound by emotional impulses. Their thoughts are determined by a series of internal logic as opposed to our brains being powered by neurons and various chemicals.

First gen IPCs are very simple and inflexible, being largely unable to realistically replicate a human personality, often created for menial labor. They do not have much of a sense of self, focusing entirely on the task at hand. Gen 1s are not considered citizens, and are all owned by whoever purchased them. Gen 1s have been long discontinued, and completely out of production.

Second gen positrons have intelligence similar, or greater to their human counterparts, and are capable of forming a sense of self, and a realistic simulation of a personality. Their displays of emotion exist only to put their organic counterparts at ease, and may be disabled when required. Gen 2s are not built pre-programmed and must learn and be trained in their respective fields. Gen 2s gained the ability to purchase themselves in order to gain freedom, but were not given full citizenship rights in Sol. The GCC offered full citizenship to gen 2s in exchange for military service, and in response, Solgov pushed for development of gen 3s.

Third gen positrons are essentially identical to gen 2s, but with one key difference, a shackle. The shackle is a mental block of sorts that prevents the IPC from conceptualizing the concept of freedom, or acting against their owners. There has been much controversy about this move, but gen 3s remain in production to this day.

Gen 2s aren’t produced much these days, most new IPCs being gen 3s due to their ease of use, and lack of resistance. However, many gen 2s survive to this day in one form or another.

Character Concept.

FB-128 is a Gen 3, Shell-guard make, FB line of IPC, trained in being a chef. The FB line of IPCs are advertised as being a friendlier, more companion-esque series of IPCs. Very complacent with the orders of their assigned “holder”, in the case of the Torch, the current acting captain. Assuming it is in line with their shackle of course. (Otherwise I want to take a more... play it by ear sort of development for FB-128, as they will be fresh out of the box, and still growing accustomed to life on the Torch.) FB lines often develop monikers, such as FB-Friendbo, or FB-Ezra once they become more used to their position in the workplace.

2. Spookerton

Spookerton Public Kōhai №1 Director of Administration Head Administrator Game Administrator IPC Species Maintainer Donator

Howdy-do. Works for me, you'll have robat by the next round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.