Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think about end-round crew gatherings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChaosWorshiper, Sep 12, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

1. ChaosWorshiper

ChaosWorshiper Bartender

I noticed many Bridge personnel don't really interact a lot on their own with the other non-key people and I'm thinking of organizing meet-ups right before bluespace (if it is wise for people to gather in those circumstances) with the crew, sort of like a debriefing, but casual and with snacks. The main vision would be just hollering up for a beer and discuss the day, say jokes, pull pranks and the sort, stuff that most crews usually do after work.

I think it's a good idea to have a small re-cap and it kind of helps figure out just how many people are required to keep the Torch flying, giving structure to the community. Would probably help with character bonding or social bonding, too. Besides, it gives the Cook and Bartender opportunity to get better skills and some use and helps the isolated crews come in contact with the more mobile teams.

2. YodaDoge

YodaDoge Bartender

I completely support your sentiment. I had quite some nice experiences with gatherings whether department intern or for the whole ship. A ship wide debriefing might be a good idea although i wouldnt force that.
    Imho if that is wanted by the crew they could enforce that by escalating events more e.g. starting to spread rumours or panic after a bomb/first contact/whatever. I honesty think the crew remains way too contained after huge events. Which in turn gives superios no 'real' reasons for briefings.