Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your avatar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xales, May 3, 2017.

1. xales

xales Host Game Administrator Developer Community Moderator

I see a lot of people's avatars, and a lot of them I think "what even is that?" Sometimes "that looks cool, what's that from?"

Anyway, here's the place to go ahead and tell everyone what your avatar is/means, or point out that you went to the effort to change it! Since some people change it a lot, you might want to link to it directly/off-site.

2. Syndikate

Syndikate Sol Gov Pilot

3. Orelbon

Orelbon Sol Gov Pilot

Gentleman Pikachu.

Manored likes this.
  4. Dovah

Dovah Petty Officer First Class

Plague doctor fanart from Darkest Dungeon
    birb.png

Manored likes this.
  5. Manored

Manored Executive Officer

She's even cuter when she's stunning two skeletons in the backline in one move.

Mine is a cake

Dovah likes this.
  6. Chaoko99

Chaoko99 Research Director

Okay, this gets in depth. I'm probably going to have to spoiler this.
    Okay, so first, there's a character in PSO2 who 'speaks in percentages' — as in they have a verbal tic that dictates that instead of saying "This is good." They'd say "This is 70% great.". At one point, post getting her ass WHOOPED, She mentioned being "200% mad", and so I had this on the brain.
    Then an in-game concert happened. This was about the time where Sega started shoehorning Vocaloid into everything.
    Pictured: Shit.

[​IMG]

Then this frame happened, BUT, the model wasn't loading, so it displayed the placeholder instead, giving me this: (Pictured: Existential crisis)

[​IMG]

Then I slapped some things on it (This is where the percentages came in)

[​IMG]

For fuller context: PSO2 has a a hardcoded model limit. If you have more 200 files (This is a vaguer concept than you think) loaded, they will not render, play, or exist in any way of note. To avoid this, PSO2 will display monochrome placeholder characters without any glamour on them to keep you from dropping out of world because the FLOOR didn't get mounted into memory. This is actually a problem that harkens back like fifteen years to PSO1, whcih had a similar hardcoded problem (many people suspect it uses the same engine :<), so it used significantly plainer placeholders.

Orelbon and Manored like this.
  7. TcOne

TcOne Research Director

Well... I once already explained it.

[​IMG]

8. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Retired Staff

OH HELL YEAH

So I found this fantastic artist a while back named McKay Felt when I was looking for art for the movie drive cause this scene is beautiful:
    [​IMG]
    And I found McKay Felt's:
    [​IMG]

Over the last few years I've used his art as various forum avatars, and buy shit cause he's really good at it:
    [​IMG] This guy's name is Earl Sweatshirt he does music with KNXWLEDGE below and OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    [​IMG] This is part of the album cover for one of my favorite producers, Knxwledge, mixtape HUD DREEMS
    [​IMG] this ones my character Dominic Fetch's Portrait

Manored likes this.
  9. Syndikate

Syndikate Sol Gov Pilot

Dude that's awesome

10. lordekilly

lordekilly Sol Gov Pilot

Obviously the Dude, the Duder, Lord Dudliness himself. Don't call him Lebowski though.

11. Curt5

Curt5 Senior Enlisted Advisor

The Chosen Undead, from Dark Souls 1, chugging an Estus Flask.
    Praise the sun, baby.

12. Paradoxon

Paradoxon Retired Staff

13. Meyar

Meyar Retired Worstmin 2015-2017

Some anime chick who I stole the deadpan face of for my rogue trader enginseer

ThatOneGuy likes this.
  14. IDTia

IDTia Retired Staff

The dark lord Nar-Sie
    Blood for the blood god

Manored likes this.
  15. Eckles

Eckles Cake Seller Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Catbert, the evil director of human resources, from the Dilbert comic strip.

16. Manored

Manored Executive Officer

Might want to include a NSFW warning on all those topless women, mister seniormin =)

17. KoreanUser

KoreanUser Petty Officer First Class

Picture of a Korean guy laughing at something 4noraisin.

(From some Korean's drama that I don't watch so I just pick it up and put it as my profile since it matched me lul)

Manored likes this.
  18. TheWelp

TheWelp Retired Staff

Its a picture of a vox vomiting on a security officer.

DrStilts, 50_n00b, ThatOneGuy and 2 others like this.
  19. Shadow_Of_Man

Shadow_Of_Man Retired Staff

Mine is character art of my main character Daniel Phillips, courtesy of Zuhayr.
    Also, the image is frigging huge so data users are warned.
    [​IMG]

ThatOneGuy and Manored like this.
  20. redstryker

redstryker Senior Enlisted Advisor

God himself.

ThatOneGuy and Manored like this.