Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whirlow's Material Visor

Discussion in 'Fulfilled Items' started by Kozak411, Aug 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kozak411

Kozak411 Chef

BYOND Key (Username): kozak411

Discord/IRC name: Juxtaposed#9930

Name of Item: Material Hud

Type path of the item receiving the sprite: /obj/item/clothing/glasses/material

Description: A slim, orange visor. A confusing HUD is displayed on the lenses.

A PNG image of your icon(s) hosted on a website such as imgur: https://imgur.com/a/4Cn1hbJ

The DMI of your icon(s): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/708232551420133399/749506800298229771/matvisor.dmi

I am the author of this icon/I have permission to use this icon: Yes

Name of Character: Kaitlyn Whirlow

Main Job(s) of Character: Chief Engineer

How this item relates to your character: When she became one of the Torch's chief engineers, Whirlow wanted to commemorate the occasion. So, like any normal human would do, she butchered a perfectly functional piece of equipment and rebuilt it to be Slim™, Stylish™ and Orange™. Why orange, you ask? Well, apparently projecting a clear overlay was more difficult than she thought. Not that she'll say that out loud, mind..

Other Notes: Right. I wasn't happy with the material aviator sprites I made; they were a simple recoloring, essentially. It felt cheap and cheaty. So instead, I've franksteined some aspects from several different objects and created my own little special snowflake sprites. I'll change things as necessary if asked.

Slots used: (0/1/2) 0

Hubblenaut likes this.
  2. Kozak411

Kozak411 Chef

bump? does one.. bump custom item applications?

3. Kozak411

Kozak411 Chef

I'm bumping this again because I'm afraid of direct confrontation, but the passive kind is E-Z

4. Kozak411

Kozak411 Chef

"Dread it, run from it, the bump arrives all the same."

- Me, too tired to be productive.

5. Eckles

Eckles Senior Administrator Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Shouldn't this be mesons for a CE, not material?

Meh. Approved anyway (I think I can approve things). Push to dev and make sure they're ok with it.

6. Kozak411

Kozak411 Chef

7. SierraKomodo

SierraKomodo Command Keyword Detected Developer

Merged, should be live after the next update cycle after 3 PM PST / 6 PM EST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.