Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XRev - Adherent

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Invidia, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Invidia

Invidia Assistant

About You

What is your Byond key?
    XRev
    (your answer below each question)

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    Going on like 5 years now probably. That's Bay code in general though, I didn't play much on the Bay server itself until last year or the year before.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Mark Kennedy, Viktoriya Ivankov, among others. Doubt they're really worthy of being called well-known though.

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Adherent.

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I really like the lore behind the species, and having played so much SS13 I like the idea of playing a new species I'm not familiar with (Only Skrell, Unathi and Tajara existed when I played a lot) to broaden my roleplay experiences. I also think they're one of the more interesting species when it comes to appearance, physiology and behavior.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    Naming is on a basis of Function - Identifier, from what I've seen.
    For example, Spacecraft Operator RT-4 or Research Assistant E-4

Summarize what you know about the species.
    I've read the entire wiki so everything that's on there, and then my roleplay encounters with other people running the species. They're not strictly mechanical but not organic either. They're generally polite creatures, but they do have self-preservation protocols and they're sentient. Almost everything belonging to their Creators was wiped out in the solar flare, the Scream. Their language consists out of precise tones and subtones. There's three main factions of Vigil, with Loyalists being the most dedicated to their creators, the Preservers more loose and the Seperatists who want to abandon Canon and set up a new order of adherents. Regardless of faction, the Vigil are typically collectivists, preferring to do what is best for the group rather than the individual. They follow select Protocols and if the situation does not meet a Protocol they're likely to make it fit into one so that they can respond accordingly. The Loyalists are the strongest faction and disprove of not following the Protocols and suggesting seperation. Seperatists won't speak out publically their desire to seperate from their past makers because of the numbers and strength of the Loyalists. Their internal systems including motion are complex and refined.

Note: Don't take my account age too seriously, I used to host servers like Apollo and I have a lot of experience playing SS13 and sub-species.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  2. Gentlefood

Gentlefood Adherent Species Maintainer

Your summary is a bit short, please expand more on the various factions of the Vigil and how they view each other.

3. Invidia

Invidia Assistant

I made it a bit bigger. :rolleyes:

4. Gentlefood

Go ahead and give me a character concept and include what faction they would be a part of and why.

5. Invidia

Invidia Assistant

I think I'd honestly first stick with a Loyalist Supply Adherent. I think the Vigil are suitable for logistic duties because of their protocol oriented working style and body shape and details. I'd play Loyalist because given their strong protocols, I think it's pretty odd how Adherents would deviate from it and seek to seperate from their creators. I'd say protocols are pretty conservative like that. I'm not really sure what else to put here sooo... :/

6. Gentlefood

Typically people give an example character they would make if approved for the whitelist. However, I suppose your summary on what'd you play is good enough. Approved.