Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YourDaddy117 - Vox

Discussion in 'Finalized' started by BigPapa, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPapa

BigPapa Assistant

About You

What is your Byond key?
    YourDaddy117 (Oh god I regret that name now)

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    I don't think there's a way for me to check so going off memory I'd say since midsummer of 2018(?) Vague, I know.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Jack Morgan (Xenoarch), Connor Holmes (CI), Luther Edwards (XO), William Godbrand (CL)

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    The screaming shitbirds. VOX

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I'm really curious to see how well I can RP as an alien race and the Vox seem really fun/interesting. I've played as a human for so long that it'll be neat to try an outside perspective. Also who doesn't want an excuse to screech like a complete dumbass on an HRP server?

What are some example names for the alien species?
    I actually really like how Vox names are similar to Diona where they're almost Poetic in nature while really just explaining what they were made for. An example of a translated name would probably be something like: Long Quill of the Twenty-Strong Cruiser of the Arkship Unseen Dawn. But like the wiki says to anyone else it's just incomprehensible bird screeching like:
    KRRIIIKATYAAAKA, CHIIYIKKKAATAYA, KIJIKIYAVACKRRA

Summarize what you know about the species.
    To the outside the Vox are a mystery and a complete nuisance. As they tend to prefer easy pickings like small settlements most people probably don't even think about them other then "Those weird screeching bird people on the frontier." In reality Vox are actually a lot more interesting then they initially appear. First off Vox aren't even born. They're made. Each body for it's own specific job jacked with minds that are probably as old as the Gideon bloodline, if not older. While their raids seem like the workings of a crazed race of scavengers they're not done aimlessly. They see all other life as inferior and only good for producing resources for the Vox to steal. You're either Vox or you're meat. The only form of authority they follow are The Apex. The Vox see them as Prophets who's words are final. The Vox are nomadic and have no real homes aside from Arkships. They'll sometimes take over a station or outpost while in a system, but they're never in one place for too long. Always on the move to avoid being found. Their tech is so old that even they have no idea how most of it works. Their weapons and gear are ancient to the point of near religious significance.

To really summarize Vox are bio-engineered scavengers designed to fulfill the needs of an ancient being who they only know as an estranged god that speaks through a series of computers.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. Eckles

Eckles Cake Seller Lore Manager Manager Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Tell me more about Vox society and culture.

Tell me how you feel a Vox is meant to act and behave.

Give me a Vox character concept.

3. BigPapa

BigPapa Assistant

Like I said in the little write up under me (because I decided to write that first for some reason) Vox are scavengers. Not necessarily raiders 100% of the time. Like crows. (oh is that why they're birds? Holy shit that makes so much sense why did I just now make that obvious observation) We all know what Vox are like outside of the Arkships and outposts so let's skip all of that crap and get to the real meat of the inner workings of the crazy awful shitbirds. While there is some hierarchy with the Apex and the designated Quill Vox are pretty much left to their own devices. The Vox are real primal so the way they figure out who the big man(bird?) is is through ritualistic fights. The bigger and tougher you are the higher on the Totem pole. "Young" Vox will be low on the food chain by default but considering Vox they won't be there for long. The average Vox crew is pretty small and will usually fall in with a bigger crew depending on the job. Mining, Arkship maintaining, etc. Vox all have throat and face marks that describe their genetic line, notable events, and which Arkship they hail from. If two Vox are comparing marks then they're probably about to throw down over who's the top dog(bird?). You can fake these markings of course but it will probably result in you getting your ass planted in front of the Apex and getting judged. I touched on this before but the Apex is the word. It's the word of God. If you've found your way to the Apex over something as a Vox then you really, really, really fucked up.
    How Vox individually behave depends on their designated role, but overall Vox are scavengers with no morals other then "If it's a Vox don't steal from them." They'll take whatever they can from whoever they can in anyway they can as long as it doesn't seem like an actual threat. They may seem like dumb shitbirds and they often are dumb shitbirds, but they won't do anything unless they stand to profit. To put is simply they're reprehensible, greedy, selfish, cowardly, angry, little assholes who will turn on anyone who isn't a Vox if they get the chance. Hell they'll probably try to fuck over other Vox as long as they aren't from the same Arkship.
    Name: Sharp Beak of the Wandering Twenty-Many Cruiser of the Arkship Welcoming Song or JIKIKIKIRAAYKAKAAA
    (I'm bad at good flavor text so don't expect a wall of text describing their beak)
    Your typical scav Vox. They're the head of a crew that's currently based themselves in an old NT research base they've found. They won't stay for long of course but how can you pass up such a juicy location. Lot's of merchant shuttles and small haul freighters in the system pass by. It won't be for long because the word will spread that Vox are in the area after the first week or so but that's not going to stop JIKIKIKIRAAYKAKAAA from getting their fill of goodies. Word has it that something the ape meat calls "a cruise" is wandering out this way. For some reason that word has a pleasant itch in the back of JIKIKIKIRAAYKAKAAA's head. They remember now. Cruise means SHINY. "Lots of SHINE! Lots of SHINE ON CRUISE!" Meat weapons and meat coins and meat parts and meat hats that JIKIKIKIRAAYKAKAAA really, really, really, likes. "Get guns! Get guns and start ship! We're going on a cruise! Meat cruise!"

4. Eckles

Eckles Cake Seller Lore Manager Manager Game Administrator Skrell Species Maintainer

Couple clarifiers:

1. Don't go around calling things shinies and acting like a broken five year old or whitelist b gone.

2. On your point of " Hell they'll probably try to fuck over other Vox as long as they aren't from the same Arkship." Vox never steal from or kill other Vox. That's a big no no. It does not happen. To do so is to just doom yourself.

Accepted. Keep in mind point one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.