Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zulu0009 - Adherent

Discussion in 'Alien Species' started by Zulu0009, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Zulu0009

Zulu0009 Assistant

About You

What is your Byond key?
    Zulu0009

What is your Discord username?
    Zulu#8899

How long have you been playing on Baystation 12?
    About four days.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
    Travis Knight, a bartender, and Alexander-090, an engineer in training.

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
    Adherent.

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
    I've always had a fascination with machine species, be it for the beauty and intrigue of AI and how AI interacts with non-AI creatures, or simply because machines are cooler than humans. The Adherent as a whole are incredibly interesting because they hide a lot of history and lore behind them; I especially enjoy the different factions present, which could be a nice arguing point in RP between two Adherents. Aside from the obvious fun value of a 3-meter tall machine serving drinks, I would like to create and craft an Adherent character almost simply because of their story and form: as I said, a highly advanced species created by a probably even higher advanced species? Man. It's difficult for me to explain how frankly awesome that is and how much I praise and appreciate the people who wrote and constructed the Adherents. I already have a few ideas in mind, such as a Preserver who spends his (its?) days between work curiously analyzing humans and asking them questions about their daily lives in an effort to understand them better and, in the end, serve them more befittingly, present on the Torch to hopefully discover new worlds and collect more information for... who? That is where the conflict kicks in, and the Adherent starts to (very mildly) question who all this information will be given to and exactly why he's collecting it if nobody will archive it. To be continued.

What are some example names for the alien species?
    I'm not all too sure, actually, I've seen a few Adherent, and they seemed to have two names and a number following the second, but I can't remember what those names were, my apologies.

Summarize what you know about the species.
    The Adherent were created by a long extinct species eradicated by a solar flare called the Scream. While their creators were eradicated completely, the Adherent, their loyal servitors, were only minimally damaged, and for hundreds of years, left in confusion and without guidance. They came together with a leader, a Traffic Control Hub on a moon of their home world, and began looking for a new creator to serve. After getting into contact with the Torch, some were rented by SolGov. As a species, they are polite, way too polite, sometimes, and almost submissive to whomever they're serving at the time. Their physical composition is that of a shell containing crystalline masses, their "brain", a field system which allows them to hover, very compact and accurate actuators and, most recognizable, the long tentacles.

P.S.: Thank you to whoever spent their time reading this and I appreciate your work!

2. Gentlefood

Gentlefood Adherent Species Maintainer

So a few things.
    One, Adherent names follow the theme of [Job Description] LL-L #### where the L is a letter and the # is a number. So Meal Processor AT-L 5421 would be a decent name for a chef Adherent.
    Two, your summary is exceedingly short. Please talk more about the culture of the Adherents, their general attitude, Protocol and what it is to Adherents, and the factions you extremely briefly touched on in your desire to play the species.